Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Toner for HP Laser Printer

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I bought a new HP laser jet printer 5 years ago for a very good price which has served me well and been very reliable.
Finally, the toner is showing low and I'll need to buy a replacement soon.

Genuine original HP toners for this model [508X] are about £230-£260
eBay "new" can be found as low as £140 but expiry date close or passed.
So, does any one have experience [good or bad] of compatible toner cartridges?

I've seen reputable resellers [e.g. Cartridge Save / Cartridge People / StinkyInk] offering compatibles at ~£110 and others as low as £40.

In a world where, generally, you get what you pay for, are there any NSCers with compatible toner cartridge [not ink jet cartridges] tales of glee [or woe]?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I have a Samsung m series and an Oki colour laser printer. I buy the cheapest possible toner on the market. I don't do an awful lot of printing and I'm quite frugal(as a ducks) with money. Never had any issues with cheap stuff. If I was doing office stuff and printing all the time, I'd invest in a newer printer, but weigh up the cost of consumables

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Recently bought a set of color toner cartridges compatible for my HP Laser printer from sales@yescartridges.co.uk for £54. Work just fine.
Oooh, that looks promising - they stock for my model [HP M552dn] and in the high-yield version too, for £30
How long have you been using them now?
Approx number of pages?
Can you notice any difference in quality on the page?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Heard this a while ago. No idea if HP back tracked on it, but just be careful you don't buy non HP cartridges that won't work.
Had similar when we had a Canon. The printer was half the price of the inks. If this ever happened with laser printers, I'd start using a hammer and bolster and a slab of stone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here