Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tom McGill

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
On the bench for Canada tonight in the Gold Cup in the US.
Their number one, 35-year-old Milan Borjan, will miss the rest of the tournament due to injury.

Dayne St. Clair came in for just his third cap tonight.

McGill could be getting a bit closer to a first senior appearance.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He must be crying out for game time.

Surely a loan out this season.
Don't quite buy this. He's clearly comfortable - not all players are but he is - being the back up keeper , with the contract and wages that that brings at a PL club. I expect him to be No.3 again this season. (although he was effectively No.2 for a while at the back end of last year when Sanchez had his sulk. )

PS: Rushworth far more likely to continue his development as #1 at an EFL club - perhaps Championship - for example rather than be back to up to Verbruggen and Steele

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't quite buy this. He's clearly comfortable - not all players are but he is - being the back up keeper , with the contract and wages that that brings at a PL club. I expect him to be No.3 again this season. (although he was effectively No.2 for a while at the back end of last year when Sanchez had his sulk. )

PS: Rushworth far more likely to continue his development as #1 at an EFL club - perhaps Championship - for example rather than be back to up to Verbruggen and Steele
It was stated by Naylor a year or 2 back that he wanted/intended to leave to get regular games. Now, he was persuaded to stay but has that desire for games really just gone ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Having said that, if it were me, £150K-£250K per year to train with the albion players, a chance of a future big payrise to become backup keeper, and perhaps an eventual role on the coaching staff would be a dream job so who knows?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Different paths suit different players. He’s always seemed the high floor, low ceiling and great supportive team-mate/trainer type. Maybe be wrong as few years back for my limited experience / conversations with those who’d know more.

More a Jason Steele / Ankergren personality and prospect type than a Sanchez?

Being a career back-up has suited a few International ‘Keepers but I’d think he’d need game time to break in, before perhaps keeping his Canada place whilst backing-up at club level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here