Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Toilet breaks are timed for Amazon staff...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No problem personally with any company monitoring productivity, particularly in a company that is wholly reliant on getting orders despatched as quickly and efficiently as possible (they not specifically monitoring time in the bogs, just the time employees aren’t scanning), more the manner in which any downtime is scrutinised, and what measures are taken.

If people are doing 60+ hour weeks plus their commute it’s no wonder their productivity can be shite at times……..🤷‍♂️

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It would be similar at any distribution warehouse I would think, not just Amazon. I know that supermarket distribution centres are pretty ruthless places to work as well. Supermarket pickers are monitored closely too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It would be similar at any distribution warehouse I would think, not just Amazon. I know that supermarket distribution centres are pretty ruthless places to work as well. Supermarket pickers are monitored closely too.
Probably why Ocado are almost all robot now, when they aren’t setting themselves on fire

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
To me its just wrong, if you can't trust staff on toilet breaks it suggests a very poor relationship between management and employees.

Feel for people that have no choice but to work in these places. I'll be reminding my own kids over the dinner table tonight to work hard at school.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Presumably some staff 'disappear for ages' unfair on more dilligent staff. Depends how far they take it though!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm glad I work from home. Although I have given myself a disciplinary after the time spent in the bog after that curry.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I very nearly sacked myself this morning…

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
To me its just wrong, if you can't trust staff on toilet breaks it suggests a very poor relationship between management and employees.

Feel for people that have no choice but to work in these places. I'll be reminding my own kids over the dinner table tonight to work hard at school.
Yup, but some people do take the piss when taking a piss

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No problem personally with any company monitoring productivity, particularly in a company that is wholly reliant on getting orders despatched as quickly and efficiently as possible (they not specifically monitoring time in the bogs, just the time employees aren’t scanning), more the manner in which any downtime is scrutinised, and what measures are taken.

If people are doing 60+ hour weeks plus their commute it’s no wonder their productivity can be shite at times……..🤷‍♂️
restroom-break-boss-red.gif

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have long been of the opinion that smokers should be docked wages for smoke breaks. Or at least non-smokers given equal privileges. Maybe the right to go outside the building and schmooze with the bosses over a can of Stella every few hours or something
It’s being trialled at sone companies in Japan that non smokers get an extra 6 days holiday

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Have long been of the opinion that smokers should be docked wages for smoke breaks. Or at least non-smokers given equal privileges. Maybe the right to go outside the building and schmooze with the bosses over a can of Stella every few hours or something
When I worked with a smoker every time they went on a smoke break I went with them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is nothing new. My first job was in a call centre in the 90s. It was a 7.5 hour day (450 minutes) and out of that, on top of your lunch hour, you were allowed 3% "idle" time (13.5 minutes) to have a fag, have a shit, get some crisps, whatever. It was all recorded on the phone terminal you were signed in on, down to the SECOND.

As long as you weren't ROYALLY taking the piss on idle, then it was never mentioned if you went over a few times. But the malingerers would easily be spotted. And VUD BE DEALT VITH ACCORDINGLY

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Reading this reminds me of some of the worst skivers I’ve worked with 😊 One bloke used to turn up at 6am with 40/60 fags - always 2 full packs and 1 he’d already started. Another bloke would regularly if not always with about half an hour to go at the end of the shift suddenly end up with his arms covered in crap and would walk through the place shaking his head looking at his hands rolling his eyes and disappear off to the wash room as if the last thing he needed was to have to spend the last half hour not working 🙄

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here