Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Todd Boehly wants to ring the changes...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I didn’t think Chelsea could be more unlikeable than they were in the Abramovich era, but here we are

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And the Chelsea fans weren't overly pleased. 102 arrests 45 injured, including 25 police. They started the following season with a terrace ban and the play offs stopped including teams that may be relegated. Having fans of a team being promoted and a team being relegated all in the same stadium turned out to be a fairly bad mix. Who'd have thought it?

It was done. It was tried, and it was a bloodbath of a kick-fest. Forget it.

Crap idea. Been tried and failed.

Yes, I do remember Boro taking Chelsea's place in the old First Division and it all kicking off at the Bridge following the 2nd leg, leading to the EFL binning it off.

But this was back in the 80s. Football was a very different animal back then, with Chelsea being one of the main protagonists. The notion that in this day and age a relegation playoff automatically = RIOT because of the aftermath of one game back in 1988 is utter bobbins. It just does not happen any more.

I think 1 team in each division being involved in the playoffs to try to keep their place in the division is a cracking idea that should be revisited. It also means that finishing in 6th is no longer good enough to still be in with a shout of promotion, which is an added improvement IMO.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Would any Albion players realistically make it in ?
( I know some should)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder how many English fans will be 'pissed' at this idea.

Oh, the irony.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In fairness to Boehly and his North vs South proposal, he's only been here 5 minutes but already he's picked up on the mood of the nation. Brexiteer vs Remainer, Monarchist vs Republican, Scottish / Irish Independence vs Unionist.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
And Potter took this absolute GOON seriously? Give me strength....

Well its no secret now that Potter's agent put his man forward to Boehly when Chelsea were enquiring about a player on the agent's books. That was some weeks ago. That infers that Potter and his agent were seriously looking for an upgrade from little old Brighton and were waiting for an opportunity. £50m was enough for Potter to take this man seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here