Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today's formation (s)

We got the right result in the end but some very strange formations that I think even confused the players.
We started 442 (or 4411 with fergy just behind welbs) but often found AliMac as our most forward player.
Lamptey was back to his old self switching from defence to wing but this left us 3 exposed at the back and hence the close shaves from Sala.
After welbs was subbed I would have expected fergs to push forward in a 4321 but it seemed for most of the second half he played central midfield with March, AliMac and Mitoma all further up the pitch?
Do you recon this might be DeZs attempt to accommodate the rapidly improving Fergs without dropping Welbs? or maybe a one-off due to Caicedo absense?
Finally we had the Mitoma and Estupinan switcheroo scenario. Sometimes Mit ran forward to receive the ball from EST and sometimes Mit held the ball up, let Estupinan run past him and then stayed in midfield. Maybe this is a new dynamic to DeZerbiBall - job share 😂
All in all a great result that clearly confused Liverpool as much as it confused me, lol

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was equally surprised by the starting line up and our dropping a CM to play 2 CF's. I had hoped to see Gilmour from the start, I thought his introduction changed the game

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
It was interesting - in the first half at times it was 4-2-2-(Ferguson and Welbeck)-2 (Mitoma and March). There was a square in the middle! Maybe that was to try and drag there centre backs out of place thus giving space to Mitoma and March

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMHO it didn’t really work, in that Welbeck and Ferguson weren’t a nightmare for defenders or effective over the entire course of the game. It was a much tighter affair. Konate had time to help TAA for example.

I love 5 in midfield.

RDZ’s hand was forced I feel by Caicedo’s actions. Without that, it would’ve more of the winning same.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It was interesting - in the first half at times it was 4-2-2-(Ferguson and Welbeck)-2 (Mitoma and March). There was a square in the middle! Maybe that was to try and drag there centre backs out of place thus giving space to Mitoma and March
That's how I saw it too

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
We got the right result in the end but some very strange formations that I think even confused the players.
We started 442 (or 4411 with fergy just behind welbs) but often found AliMac as our most forward player.
Lamptey was back to his old self switching from defence to wing but this left us 3 exposed at the back and hence the close shaves from Sala.
After welbs was subbed I would have expected fergs to push forward in a 4321 but it seemed for most of the second half he played central midfield with March, AliMac and Mitoma all further up the pitch?
Do you recon this might be DeZs attempt to accommodate the rapidly improving Fergs without dropping Welbs? or maybe a one-off due to Caicedo absense?
Finally we had the Mitoma and Estupinan switcheroo scenario. Sometimes Mit ran forward to receive the ball from EST and sometimes Mit held the ball up, let Estupinan run past him and then stayed in midfield. Maybe this is a new dynamic to DeZerbiBall - job share 😂
All in all a great result that clearly confused Liverpool as much as it confused me, lol
I feel that having a fluid and unpredictable formation is what makes us difficult to play against

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here