Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2022-23 FINAL Update - 22 OVER

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Nothing against the tracker, but we're hoping to be a top half team now, rather than just hoping to avoid relegation. Indeed we were a top half team last season, and were 4th when RdZ took over, and should gave been aiming for more than 4 points.

To finish where we want, I'd hope for a point at home to Spurs and Chelsea, 3 against Forest, and perhaps 4 away to Brentford and a (currently) poor Wolves. Given we have a new manager, 8 is good enough, but under Potter I'm not sure it would be any more than par.
To be honest, I think we would probably have been in exactly the same position if Potter had stayed, with the same number of points (maybe just not quite the same results)

I think our progress last season, particularly how we ended it, and the first 6 games this season showed how much we had improved as a team. I don't buy the narrative that Potter could not have got points at least 2 wins and two draws from the past 7 games.

That's not to say I am not excited by where I think we can go this season, because I do think with some luck (ie no injuries) and good judgement (ie not selling Tross in January), RDZ could take us to our best ever finish, and maybe (whisper it quietly) Europe.

However , I also believe that the same would be true if Potter had stayed.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Nothing against the tracker, but we're hoping to be a top half team now, rather than just hoping to avoid relegation. Indeed we were a top half team last season, and were 4th when RdZ took over, and should gave been aiming for more than 4 points.

To finish where we want, I'd hope for a point at home to Spurs and Chelsea, 3 against Forest, and perhaps 4 away to Brentford and a (currently) poor Wolves. Given we have a new manager, 8 is good enough, but under Potter I'm not sure it would be any more than par.
I think the tracker is fantastic. it helps to stop us becoming entitled tw@ts who think we are too good to be relegated, as soon as we become like that we will be in trouble.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

….but it’s nominally the ‘staying up tracker’, so simply a guide against that target. You’re essentially talking to the ‘Europe tracker’ line (y)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Form - and what we might hope for - is nothing to do with the tracker. The tracker has a specific purpose, and does it brilliantly. After all, no matter how good we get, our first objective every season is to avoid relegation - and the best way to achieve that is to get 40 points as soon as possible.

Viva the tracker!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Completely academic, but the tracker and league table would look alarmingly different if we‘d lost the last two games.
often see comments like this, and never understood them. You may as well say but if we had won every game we would be top. The tracker and League table would look alarmingly different if we had lost the first five games!- but we didnt. Had we won all our home games last year we would be in Europe now- but we didn't and arent

The tracker isnt for what might have happened if- its for what actually happened- and that is the best ever start to anf top flight campaign we have been in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This guys is clearly a world class coach, many levels above Potter. Not just in his personality either! It's so refreshing.
We got fortunate someone took Potter when they did
He was probably deemed out of our league when we hired Potter, but was an opportunistic approach and signing due to circumstances. The irony of Boehly doing us a favour and enabling us to upgrade is actually hilarious.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes sorry for the delay. 10 (TEN) over!! Beat Villa on Sunday and take this into the world cup break and we will truly be well placed.

4 over Europe by the way.

NSC F 13.png

NSC E 13.png

NSC G 13.png

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Someone needs to put their neck on the line and update this tracker o_O

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
He was probably deemed out of our league when we hired Potter, but was an opportunistic approach and signing due to circumstances. The irony of Boehly doing us a favour and enabling us to upgrade is actually hilarious.
This. The fact the Juventus fans were disappointed we hired him says volumes, they wanted him. We were fortunate someone was stupid enough to take Potter and were able to upgrade our entire coaching staff and make millions at the same time. Very clever acquisition by TB.

We're very lucky. AND he has a personality!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here