Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2023-24 - FINAL Update - 8 OVER

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Looks increasingly unlikely we'll qualify for Europe next season via the league. We would have to have a really good run and a few others drop away. Could still win a cup though...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Excellent, you can explain to someone whose memory is too shot (you could substitute a different vowel in there) to recall my O Level Maths. Ditto AO and A Levels.
How is mode being used in that chart?
Not sure about the chart but 'mode' is the most commonly recurring figure in a set of data.

In a way, for deciding the points a team needs for say survival, it's far more accurate. Bit like we all agree the points we need to get to stay up is 40. Might bounce up and down some seasons but it mostly guarantees staying up because of the number of times that has been the figure - i.e. the mode. *** awaits some PHD holding mathematician to prove me wrong ! ***

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In short yes. It suggests a fall down the actual league table is to come unless we can beat a few of the bigger teams (which to be fair we are better at doing).
Our last five home games are pretty brutal, plus Newcastle away in there which we always seem to struggle with

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looks increasingly unlikely we'll qualify for Europe next season via the league. We would have to have a really good run and a few others drop away. Could still win a cup though...
We’re 7th right now, so actually we’d have to get worse to not make Europe via the league.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
We’re 7th right now, so actually we’d have to get worse to not make Europe via the league.
Yes, but we're 12th in @Giraffe tracker table and 6th in 'the other 14' table, well off the top spots. Indicates we've had a relatively easy first half of the season compared to others.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yeah but I bet most non top 6 and bottom 3 have got similar H/A patterns.
Dunno. Maybe somebody has that data? Actually @Giraffe’s data shows we ‘should’ be 12th in the league - it’s gotta be the differing H/A patterns that gives rise to the discrepancy, no?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Eh? Everyone has played everyone. Does that not level it out?
As @Goldstone1976 points out it's the H/A side of things, our home fixtures still include 4 of the 'big 6' City, Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, plus Villa.

Given how relatively poor Chelsea and Man U have been might make the above a bit invalid actually..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, but we're 12th in @Giraffe tracker table and 6th in 'the other 14' table, well off the top spots. Indicates we've had a relatively easy first half of the season compared to others.

Understood, except we all know that an “easy” start doesn’t necessarily mean that for us, given we are often worse against worse sides who sit 11 behind the ball, and better against better sides who leave space for us to play in.

AND we are due our squad being massively bolstered in the coming weeks. I’m still believing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Also worth pointing out that an easier run of games is actually harder to keep up and ahead of the tracker, whereas perceived harder games give the bonus points. Therefore a lack of these games makes it difficult to progress in this tracker.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well done Luton. Completely done us. Now 7 over and 6 behind Europe. Firmly into mid table territory. Best win on Saturday or I'll lose my poop.

NSC F 22.png

NSC G 22.png

NSC E 22.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This graph highlights the decline v last season. 16 games to go though.

NSC All seasons Graph.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
League table ahead of tonight's games.

NSC Others 22a.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here