Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2023-24 - FINAL Update - 8 OVER

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This beauty shows we have now made the best start of all seasons (after 5 games).

View attachment 166658
You can see the little hump that Potter leaving caused us in the first few games after his departure. But RdZ soon got into the swing of it.

potterhump.jpg

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Staying up tracker a bit pointless under de zerbi. Think 30 points enough this season.

Also, average of 63 points last 22 years gets you 5th / champions league (maximum was 70) so perhaps we could add this ;)

We are 5/6 to finish top 5.
Every REAL Brighton fan, knows that the win on Saturday was merely another 3 points towards SAFETY :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Every REAL Brighton fan, knows that the win on Saturday was merely another 3 points towards SAFETY :)
I'm looking at Luton, Sheffield United, Burnley and Everton and thinking "is our 12 points enough to stay up?"

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm looking at Luton, Sheffield United, Burnley and Everton and thinking "is our 12 points enough to stay up?"
Poor old Luton, not exactly enjoying the Premier League experience are they? Perm two from the rest, superb if Everton go down...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
How can people STILL not understand the rules of the Staying Up tracker? :shrug:

Points are only "predicted" against teams that finished in the bottom half the previous season and the promoted clubs. Villa and Brentford finished 7th and 9th respectively.
Understood!! And thanks for the reminder :)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, how many points behind are we on the Europa League tracker?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Still 5 over the relegation tracker and 5 over Europe after a decent expected win. You may recall from my opening post that these are the same for the first six games. They start diverge from Villa away onwards.

Will post the full league table comparison shortly. Suspect Chelsea might be in the brown stuff...

NSC F 6.png

NSC G 6.png

NSC E 6.png

Attachments

• NSC E 6.png
    NSC E 6.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 73

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Full league table. We are 6th, which perhaps more fairly reflects the teams we have played so far this season than the actual league table?

Chelsea into the bottom three (if teams are level on points I order them how I bloody want to ;) )

Burnley hold the distinction of doing exactly what was predicted in every single game which is lose, mostly. Tough start.

Palace dropping like a stone. A yawning stone. Sooooooo boring.

NSC Others 6.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was too fed up to do this over the weekend. The 6-1 thrashing combined with the worst trip back from the Midlands I've had for a long time was too much to take.

BUT still 5 over relegation tracker, dropped to 4 over Europe though. No harm done.

See you in Marseille.

NSC F 7.png

NSC G 7.png

NSC E 7.png

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The difference between the staying-up and Europe tracker is stark for the next game: expectation of 0 points against Liverpool versus 3 points respectively.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm probably the exception to the rule, but I see no difference between a 0-1 defeat and a 1-6 drubbing. You've still got nowt from the game and – in this case – the progress is unaffected #TrustTheTracker

Yes, it was clearly a bit of a horror show but, as I pointed out to my Spuds-supporting friend – via a screenshot of their Newcastle away debacle from last season – who was goading me about it, these things happen. One game at a time and onwards and (hopefully) upwards.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Updated league table. Down to 7th true position. Everton in poop. Man Utd not much better off.

NSC Others 7a.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A bonus point gained yesterday, although two dropped against the Europe tracker.

Six over relegation, two over Europe. Free hit on both coming up at Man City though.

NSC F 8.png

NSC G 8.png

NSC E 8.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here