Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2023-24 - Game 33 Update - 8 OVER

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So here we go again for the SEVENTH season in the Premier League.

Quick reminder for those who didn't follow this tracker in the last few seasons.

The assumption is we need 40 points to stay up (we can argue that, and yes for many seasons now the level has been lower but it has happened in the past, it could have happened last season if Leeds hadn't fallen apart so dramatically and therefore I am sticking with it - hit 40 points and we are almost certainly staying up).

To get these the easiest way is beat the bottom ten teams at home and draw with them away (bottom ten defined as lowest seven not relegated last season plus three promoted, meaning all the way up to Palace, but not Fulham or above. We need expected points against Chelsea though this season. Haha.

So this is a non biased, completely objective view of the fixtures and how we are doing against them through the season. As in last season I have added the Europe tracker as well. This is targeted at 60 points, so in addition to the above we also need to win at home and draw away to Fulham, Brentford, Spurs, Villa and Liverpool.

I feel there are a few teams that will perform better (Chelsea surely, Forest?) or worse (Brentford/Fulham) which might put a slight issue in there but otherwise it should be pretty accurate.

As last season this season seems to be pretty well weighted, with 20 points expected in each half. This hasn't always been the case in previous seasons.

Interesting to note that for the first six games the relegation tracker is the same as the European tracker.

Last season I guessed we would get 55 points, we got 62. I fancy we can get 60+ again this season and reach the Europa League final. See you all in Dublin.

NSC F 0 dark.png

NSC G 0.png

NSC E 0 Dark.png

Attachments

• NSC F 0.png
    NSC F 0.png
    71 KB · Views: 641
  • NSC E 0.png
    NSC E 0.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Unfortunately only shows EPL games, Euro Conference / cup games need to be taken into account, re injuries etc.....as with all clubs to be fair ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I swear we always have a tough October...
100 % going back since forever.

60 points should be enough. Last year it was higher than usual, one of the hardest years it has been to qualify.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we’re only 10 points after 10 games I fear major wetting across Sussex in spite of the tracker

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Brilliant - thanks again.

Cheeky ask - any chance of putting the staying up and Euro tracker on the same spreadsheet tab?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can I be the first to ask why the hell you have us down for only a point at Wolves - they're rubbish! And surely Fuham and Brentford aren't going to mug us again - no points against them? Must be wrong, shirley.......
:wink:

Sadly, I probably won't be the last! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here