Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to cash in on Andone and promote Connelly

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
The truth is nobody knows if Connolly is the real deal until he is given a chance,He may never be ready,

Steve Cook was allowed to leave the Albion after playing ONE league game.Where is he now?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
My comment was about Connolly though wasn't it - but thanks for the pointless discussion Mr Logic

Your comment was about "..no UK based player gets in the team anymore without a hard season on loan somewhere, almost certainly the Championship."

I gave you one example, which in itself proves your point to be wrong. There are, of course, numerous other examples:- Dwight McNeil at Burnley, Tom Davies at Everton, Phil Foden at City, the likes of Scott McTominay, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood at United, Yan Valery and Michael Obafemi at Southampton, Alex Iwobi and Joe Willock at Arsenal, etc etc

Don't knock logic - it stops you making a complete prat of yourself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My comment was about Connolly though wasn't it - but thanks for the pointless discussion Mr Logic

Looks to me it was about 'no UK based player'. That's, er, all of them. Fact. :shrug:

Your comment was about "..no UK based player gets in the team anymore without a hard season on loan somewhere, almost certainly the Championship."

I gave you one example, which in itself proves your point to be wrong. There are, of course, numerous other examples:- Dwight McNeil at Burnley, Tom Davies at Everton, Phil Foden at City, the likes of Scott McTominay, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood at United, Yan Valery and Michael Obafemi at Southampton, Alex Iwobi and Joe Willock at Arsenal, etc etc

Don't knock logic - it stops you making a complete prat of yourself.

Ha ha yes Connolly is going to be a Premier League regular this season like Marcus Rashford - the comedy keeps coming from you eh Mr Logic :tantrum:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ha ha yes Connolly is going to be a Premier League regular this season like Marcus Rashford - the comedy keeps coming from you eh Mr Logic :tantrum:

Give it a rest. When did [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] say Connolly will be a PL regular?

Give it a rest. When did [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] say Connolly will be a PL regular?

What’s the point raising Wan Bissaka and Rashford then in a discussion about Connolly’s readiness for the first team? Was there any point? I was arguing that Connolly wasn’t ready to be thrown in like those guys but needed toughening up in loan somewhere? Agree or disagree?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What’s the point raising Wan Bissaka and Rashford then in a discussion about Connolly’s readiness for the first team? Was there any point? I was arguing that Connolly wasn’t ready to be thrown in like those guys but needed toughening up in loan somewhere? Agree or disagree?

As for your question, I have seen AC in a game only a couple of times and he looked raw so, yes, your suggestion may be wise and, no, he did not look ready for our first team.

So I agree with you.

But I doubt very much AZ said anything that would jar with that, and I suspect you have the wrong end of his stick.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I have always thought London Irish is an obnoxious poster and I was pleased when he was hounded off this board....?...maybe even twice.

I very much look forward to it happening again.

Love and kisses to you LI

I have always thought London Irish is an obnoxious poster and I was pleased when he was hounded off this board....?...maybe even twice.

I very much look forward to it happening again.

Love and kisses to you LI

Ah you can't win 'em all :)

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Connolly thing is a joke, no UK based player gets in the team anymore without a hard season on loan somewhere, almost certainly the Championship.

Andone is sadly clearly a nasty little toerag. Look at what he does straight after nearly breaking the guy's leg, he actually sits on (!!!) the left-back and cocks his head over pleadingly to the ref hoping he's not seen it. No care at all for the player he knows he's hurt.

But ultimately if we have to have 1 or 2 shites in our squad like that, so be it. Murray's legs are gone and Locadia is too sluggish to play in the PL. Andone is the best we have in the 9 spot currently, until Maupay shows he can take over that spot permanently or we get a new signing. So we hire the most expensive sports pyschologist around and try and fix this guy's broken head

We don't need the most expensive psychologist. Potter and Bruno should be enough to sort him out. If THEY can't do it, well, the guy's beyond help, I'm afraid.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Love the first post.... Screenshot_20190901-214320.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always one tackle away from a red card !

Connelly, it’s his time !!

Things happen for a reason !

I didn't agree with you at the time but hats off for prescience. I salute you. :bowdown:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Connolly thing is a joke, no UK based player gets in the team anymore without a hard season on loan somewhere, almost certainly the Championship.

Yes and throw in Dunk and March while you are there, why not?

The fact that you have to pick a 50 million player to make your point actually shows it doesn’t add up. Unless you are implying Connolly is on the same level as AWB? But he isn’t is he, he got dominated by the League 2 clogging centre backs at Crawley in pre season. How about we keep the discussion on some kind of firm grounding?

Let's hope Connolly can get that loan in January, otherwise we'll never find out if he might have what it takes to play in the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here