Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Dick Tight to appear on the phone in ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He won't show when there are problems - when will we ever get a fans forum again ?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ernest said:
Harty is there any chance of getting Dick Tight to put in an appearance on the phone in this Saturday ?
Is the phone in being done in sunny Spain this week then?... :jester:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So much for the community spirit when the chairman only takes the accolades and the goes missing in action when things go wrong....

Harty said:
Sadly not with me on the mic, more chance of finding rocking horse droppings............. :(

Then stand down for a week if that's what's stopping him appearing. I'm sure we can find somebody else to host the show for the DK show.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Would be more than happy to stand down but then again isn't that club censorship? And I have fought that from the very first day Gulls Eye came out in 1988!

Harty said:
Would be more than happy to stand down but then again isn't that club censorship? And I have fought that from the very first day Gulls Eye came out in 1988!

Not censorship but if you are the reason he won't appear then perhaps we need to look at another option. It is time he answered his detractors and critics-there are a lot of people wanting to ask him questions...

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Can we have a special phone in to remember the day we beat the scum(nearly one year)Also,as we're playing Hudders on the appropriate day,can we have a phone in to remember that it was one year ago that John Prescott said "yes" to Falmer(28/10/06)

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The BBC will not let guests dictate who or who isn't to host shows.
He is more than welcome to come on the phone-in, where if the caller numbers are high enough, and I'm sure they will be, my input will be minimal anyway.

Turn it round Nemisis, does the controller of SCR pick the Albion line up?

Last edited:

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Harty said:
Sadly not with me on the mic, more chance of finding rocking horse droppings............. :(

I thought the majority of what you said after the game yesterday was spot on and what most fans were thinking on their way home. I know DK prob didnt like it but this Club is supposed to be democratic - everybody can have their say.

The problems that we have need to be addressed NOW - not when we're 10 points adrift. We want to open Falmer in the Championship, tonking Palace 5-0, not in the Conference against Crawley. The stadium is obviously number one priority but we've got a good four years at best to wait and DK has a responsiblity to ensure the manager can field a team worthy and EXPERIENCED enough to be wearing the stripes in the meantime.

I'll still buy a season ticket even if we're relegated year after year until the stadium is open but there are plenty of people that won't and our Club will be in serious trouble as a result.

DK - the job you have done for this Club so far is immense so please don't tarnish it now. Show DW the respect he deserves and give him the tools to do the job, or make way for someone who can.

:albion:

Harty said:
The BBC will not let guests dictate who or who isn't to host shows.
He is more than welcome to come on the phone-in, where if the caller numbers are high enough, and I'm sure they will be, my input will be minimal anyway.

Turn it round Nemisis, does the controller of SCR pick the Albion line up?

I was merely making a point of saying that if you are the reason that DK won't appear then as a service to the fans, maybe there should be a way of getting him on the show?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he were to be on the phone in he will not answer questions that are a little awkward.

When Hawsey asked him if the appointing of DW was a cheap option as has been suggested by many, rather than give an answer which made the question look stupid, which would have been very simple, he said that he wouldnt bother to answer that question.

He could have easily played up DW good points and said yes it was but that wasn't a consideration and re-emphasised his strengths.

So it is not entirely down to Harty. Was there not something with John Lees that stopped him doing Albion coverage
, or was it just a decision made by the SCR controllers.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Harty
Turn it around Nemisis, does the controller of SCR pick the Albion line up?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Backson
He might as well do

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here