Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Time for another meaningless moronic international break

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Been a gradual process over the years can't remember when it started. I think the last time I was really into lnternational football was the era of Shearer, Sheringham, etc

So if (say) England made the Final of next years European Championships, would you tune in to watch, or go and walk the dog ?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I would not go so far as the o.p against International football but it is annoying to have yet another Albion- less weekend.
I will watch England v Ireland, mainly in the hope that our three lads get a game for Ireland

If we get to see Duffy take Kane out, it'll all be worth it.

Come to think of it COnnolly dumping slab head on his arse and scoring would be nice too.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can't the managers just play Subbuteo against each other?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So if (say) England made the Final of next years European Championships, would you tune in to watch, or go and walk the dog ?

Oh shit I've dreamed about this moment since I was a little kid:

J.R.R, can I have your autograph?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Unless it is latter stages of Euros or World cup no interest in international football. Early stages in these competitions are set up for most of big sides to get to quarters. Media raved about getting to quarters but up until there we had played nobody. What is going on now is glorified friendlies.
Although I cant say I look up to any footballers I do admire the way a lot of PL players stay loyal to there home country despite having no hope of doing well in any competitions. Would be so easy to say dont want to play

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Unless it is latter stages of Euros or World cup no interest in international football. Early stages in these competitions are set up for most of big sides to get to quarters. Media raved about getting to quarters but up until there we had played nobody. What is going on now is glorified friendlies.
Although I cant say I look up to any footballers I do admire the way a lot of PL players stay loyal to there home country despite having no hope of doing well in any competitions. Would be so easy to say dont want to play

Actually, technically not that easy. There is some agreement between FIFA and some organisation representing the clubs that says that clubs or players can not turn down national teams, because then they get suspended from participating in any competition (including clubs). Never happened so far I think though, but I know that a couple of French players in the mid 00s said yes because they were afraid of getting suspended.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Not a fan, but assuming England v Ireland goes ahead, we could see up to 3 Albion players taking on England, which will be worth a watch.

Agree on stupid schedule and silly in current virus world.

I would rather none of our players play in meaninglessness games and run the risk of injury. Club football pay the wages and we will be the ones to suffer if Connolly or others get injured.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
I can say that now I wouldn't watch. I don't think that the standard is as good as the prem. All you get is players who are for one reason or another favoured by the bosses and not necessarily the best in the country.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm wondering which player / players will do something stupid this time. My money would be on Dier or Maitland-Niles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here