Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Time for a Separate RIP Section?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think we should start including a belated RIP thread for those who died but were undeservedly overlooked and never given a RIP thread.

For instance I only learned by chance a couple of days ago that Richard Bradford (Man in a Suitcase) died on 22nd March 2016.

This came as quite a surprise to me and now no doubt to many others too. I did an Advanced search and I couldn't find a Richard Bradford RIP thread.

So to make up for that glaring omission I would like to take this opportunity...

RIP Richard Bradford (Man in a Suitcase)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A quick word for Clifford Rose, prolific Shakespearean actor who shot to fame on television as the evil SS officer Kessler in the hit BBC series Secret Army.

He sadly passed away on 6 Nov.

Clifford Rose - RIP

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Simplest thing would be to have a RIP prefix when you create threads and then the opportunity to opt out of seeing certain prefixes. That way I wouldnt have to see cricket threads, Leekbrokgull wouldnt have to see Albion threads and so on.

Might not be possible with the current forum software.

Is the letters 'RIP' in the thread title a not sufficient clue as to the subject matter? ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I very much agree with this. Seeing a RIP thread has , before now, been the first time I heard of a loved musician’s passing . Maybe some threads are thought trivial but it all means something to someone.

If we cut the diversity from the main board it may lead to RIP the NSC......

:thumbsup:

I don’t come here for the football. That’s down my pecking order of interests, music near the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here