[Drinking] Tim Martin takes a beating

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I’m a beer quality manager for a major brewer and used to work for Molson Coors I can confirm without doubt the only reason he can buy the beer cheap is the vast quantity and that he buys well in advance

Fair do's P.M. I still wouldn't drink there out of choice.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I would query the "nice place to sit down" bit. It's the sticking to the Carpet that gets me.

But at least he is not as big a hypocrite as some other Brexiteers:
James Dyson, who campaigns for Brexit then moves everything to Singapore,
or Jim Ratcliffe, the multi-billionaire chairman of INEOS and his plans to build a replacement for the no-longer produced Land Rover Defender. He was going to build them in Bridgend, South Wales, where they have recently closed a Ford Engine Plant. He has reneged on that idea, thereby wasting lots of Government/Local Authority money which has been spent on it, and has now bought a defunct BMW plant(?) in France (again ?) ....... because - you guessed it - of the export advantages of being within the EU.

Edit - its Hambach, near the French/German border. - https://www.theguardian.com/busines...british-heir-to-land-rover-defender-in-france

Seem to me to be prime examples of Do as I say, not as I do. This household will never buy a Dyson product again....... partly because we think they are overrated anyway, but mostly because of his hypocrisy.

Hard to disagree with the above...

Martin is a clever businessman and offers a pub experience at a price, though personally I'd need to be in 5 pints + territory to enter one of his establishments

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here