Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Tight jeans and bovver boots

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
must be an age thing, I splashed similar money on Sanders Chukka boots, they lasted 5 years of very regular wear and dog walking before getting a bit shabby, I bought another pair.

I think the late 70's early 80's was a great time for Yoof, I was a bit younger and jumped in around 80/81 when I heard madness. by the time I was a teenager It was all over (84) When I got my first scooter in '87 it couldn't have been less fashionable but the scootering crowd seemed to encapsulate all of those styles in one bonkers gang. Still doing it all now.

didn't have a scooter but I would wear my DM's on my Kawasaki KH125 motorbike, one pair has a melted part on the sole which I did on the exhaust

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Teen years were fantastic then when you look back.

Moving from Brighton to Birmingham 74ish I got swept up in the Brum punk scene 3 years later, but it wasn't until a couple of years after that when Two- Tone came along I got my first pair of Doc Martens and the hair soon got whipped off with a number 1 and a Crombie seemed the preferred clobber rather than a pair of bondage trousers.

1980 I moved to Northants and by the time I got there it was awash with £50 lambrettas,parkers and desert boots, nobody had a skinhead and the surrounding villages were Greaser territory, so you were either a mod or greaser.
The lads I hung about with were all mods so gradually changed my style, got various scooters and smartened up the gear, which has probably stayed with me to this day. Still have a Lambretta LI 150 in the garage.

When I look back now I think how I got swept up in different scenes and think was I just a sheep following others, but realise my circumstances at the time led me to be part of something that I didn't have at home.
I'm also grateful for the eclectic music taste I have now from going through all phases during that period, fantastic time to be a teenager!

Great post.

I think I’m probably a year or two younger than you, I got into punk in 1978, unless you got into the punk scene aged 12 :)
There seemed to be many scenes in my teenage years at school, punk/ new wave, 2-Tone, Mod, Skinhead and looking back the beginning of the casuals.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anybody who went to see Cock Sparrer at The Concorde on Saturday will know there are still a lot of high boots and braces about. Mostly the old crowd, but there were a few younger ones in there.

Same with Neville Staples at the Concorde 2…lots of “ skins “ with white shirts, braces and boots.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Same with Neville Staples at the Concorde 2…lots of “ skins “ with white shirts, braces and boots.

I’m down this weekend with an Arsenal mate and we are going to the Rock against racism gig on Friday night and originally Neville Staples was down to play, but having recently looked it appears he’s not now.
It’s now listed as Misty In Roots, Aswad and The Members.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m down this weekend with an Arsenal mate and we are going to the Rock against racism gig on Friday night and originally Neville Staples was down to play, but having recently looked it appears he’s not now.

I would be happy with the line up, I saw Aswad before they had all their chart success

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Oh wow..Misty in roots. Where is the gig?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks fine to me... ...oh.

UnsungSinfulEchidna-max-1mb.gif

It's great - I've got one just like that!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I would be happy with the line up, I saw Aswad before they had all their chart success

Yeah I saw Aswad 94 ish.

Looking forward to a good gig then 3 points on the Saturday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

How many times have I seen those three bands? Loads. Crikey!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here