Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three penalties denied

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Was surprised more noise wasn't made of the barge on Pervis as at the time I thought it was stonewall. No attempt for ball but that's the way game is at moment. Had it been 1 of the big 6 I'm certain it would of been given!
You obviously have forgotten Pervis' tackle at home to Bournemouth last season. On that occasion we got away with it as he made no attempt to get ball

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Pervis one was definitely a pen.
Shoulder to shoulder is totally different to taking a player out with your shoulder.
I agree, but in fairness I remember Duffy doing far worse to Zaha at the Amex a few years ago.
Lovely stuff, but I was waiting for the ref to blow for the penalty. Think he bottled it, as it was in the first 5 minutes or so.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You obviously have forgotten Pervis' tackle at home to Bournemouth last season. On that occasion we got away with it as he made no attempt to get ball

I agree, but in fairness I remember Duffy doing far worse to Zaha at the Amex a few years ago.
Lovely stuff, but I was waiting for the ref to blow for the penalty. Think he bottled it, as it was in the first 5 minutes or so.
So, is the takeaway from this that the refs are consistent just that they're consistently not calling fouls correctly?

I guess that's progress.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Now I'm sober, back from a long weekend away and have taken off my blue and white specs.
Pervis....could have been given, could see why not. Other couple, I don't think so. Against us if given I'd be spitting feathers and claiming the injustice of things.
Big teams get more decisions? they get more decisions because they're normally in a position to get them, on the amount of chances they generate.
Anthony Taylor didn't get much wrong for me.
Areola having a blinder? No, keeper saved multiple chances that were within his radius. If when we shot at goal it was towards the corner of the framework, we score. If its straight at him the save percentage goes up.
We have to admit it, wet sham done a number on us by hitting us on the break and helped by our individual mistakes, annoying but true.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Pervis one was definitely a pen.
Shoulder to shoulder is totally different to taking a player out with your shoulder.
Always has been. I remember a ref giving me a free-kick for a 'shoulder' barge. The player complained bitterly that it was 'shoulder-to-shoulder' - to which the ref just said 'yes - but you have at least got to make some sort of attempt to get to the ball - not just send him flying'.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Always has been. I remember a ref giving me a free-kick for a 'shoulder' barge. The player complained bitterly that it was 'shoulder-to-shoulder' - to which the ref just said 'yes - but you have at least got to make some sort of attempt to get to the ball - not just send him flying'.
That shoulder charge on Estupian was ridiculous - Taylor basically saying it's ok to smash into your opponent.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
3.00 into this and perhaps we can stop whining about how we should have got a penalty.

May I ask why you remembered this?

Is it because you thought it was a perfectly fair and inconsequential challenge?
Or was it because you thought we got away with one?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah how about the away match at spurs
And Leicester
And Man Utd
And Brentford
And…..

Taylor had a poor game. Perhaps he was afraid to use VAR post Dean’s comments as he’d been seen to have a mate helping him out, I don’t know.

He should have been rested last weekend, because whilst Dean was at fault, and he was innocent in the whole Chelsea/Spurs thing, he was involved in the controversy and arguably compromised, until it blew over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here