This time last season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No chance i have said for weeks i fully expect a top 2 finish...............i still do

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Tuesday will tell me all i already know- a tough game against a struggling side with now win in what 7 or 8 games? says we should lose? old Brighton perhaps,but not this side,with or without CMS and Bruno we have created or done enough to get points in every game and we can play better yet,stay calm and Brighton will be Champions..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is there anyone who saw our first few games last season and this, that wouldn't agree that we are a far stronger side this season ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Is there anyone who saw our first few games last season and this, that wouldn't agree that we are a far stronger side this season ?

If they are send them to me,my glass was half full,now it is just overflowing,so what i spilt a bit yesterday,but it's still full,i cannot see any "team" in this division being more united than ours,and we have such a strong midfield and back 5.......the goals will flow again,defence is tight....yes it looks good....cutting edge i here you say? Birmingham defended well,we played them off the park 2nd half and did not threaten they gave us a backlash,created nothing and scored a good goal-i expect Ipswich to be smashed out of sight Tuesday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ipswich ciold win 5 - 0 but just as easdiy lose 5 -0 so I would expect to see some goals on Tuesday and perhaps us helping .Paul Jewell on to the pundits list again

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
We are better than last year but we have thrown a few poor performances already.

Can't see us getting auto promotion unless we stop doing that.

These injuries are going to leave us vulnerable.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
With injuires and possble suspendions we do not have the squad strength and depth that many suggest.

truth be told we may need another season,but sometimes the opposition can not deliver,this allows compensation to our shortcomings,just as in 2010 i see only good things this season and relatively few injuries,from this moment on.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
This season feels very different. Last year was a learning curve and trying to find our feet at Championship level; the momentum was carried forward from winning League One and then settling into the AMEX.

The squad looks so much stronger in every department apart from maybe up front. I expect a play-off place at the least. It's an exciting era for the club.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The defeat yesterday reminded me of the Bournemouth game a couple of years ago where we drew 1-1. That too was a frustrating match where the officials were none too helpful.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ive no doubt we will improve on last seasons position,but top 2/3 behave

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
If they are send them to me,my glass was half full,now it is just overflowing,so what i spilt a bit yesterday,but it's still full,i cannot see any "team" in this division being more united than ours,and we have such a strong midfield and back 5.......the goals will flow again,defence is tight....yes it looks good....cutting edge i here you say? Birmingham defended well,we played them off the park 2nd half and did not threaten they gave us a backlash,created nothing and scored a good goal-i expect Ipswich to be smashed out of sight Tuesday

As the only person who correctly predicted the score yesterday (it gives me no great pressure), I would say that your cup is definitely over flowing. Put our best 11 out every game & at best we may compete for the top 6. However, as yesterday showed, drop a couple of the best 11 & we will struggle. Whilst our squad is better than last year, so are the rest of the league. There probably is only one minnow in the Championship, who are bottom. The other 23? Will in the main have the same ambition as us.

We will do well to finish one place higher than last year. Top 2, without significant strengthening. Not a chance.

Draw at home on Tuesday night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports