Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Dorney Lake in Eton, home of our 2012 Olympic rowing success, has been closed to public because of repeated unsocial behaviour. The famous college isn’t prepared to meet the rising costs caused by littering, vandalism, bar b q’s, dog shit, drug paraphernalia etc. Such a shame because it’s an enormous outdoor space for everyone that many have used like I for decades.

Say one thing for the Great British public. We sure know how to spoil a beauty spot.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
By most metrics I'm a bleeding heart liberal but these unnecessary and socially-destructive crimes get me going. Littering, fly-tipping, ASB. The lot would carry the death penalty were I in charge.

I live overseas now but one of the things that keeps me away is that other developed European countries don't seem to have this problem to the same extent. There's poverty, of course, but not this dangerous underclass.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There has always been ‘mindless vandalism’ and lowlife and there probably always will be,and in the meantime, some areas get better and some others deteriorate.
It certainly isn’t a modern phenomenon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here