Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Things you didn’t know #741

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seemly you are now not allowed to wipe/dry a football before you take a throw in using anything but your shirt!

yesterday, a Wycombe wanderers player was given a yellow card for wiping the ball on a stewards gillet ( seemly the steward offered it) and the ref ran over and booked him as its now against the law

anyone knew this new rule?

sounds the most petty thing I have heard in a long time

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seemly you are now not allowed to wipe/dry a football before you take a throw in using anything but your shirt!

yesterday, a Wycombe wanderers player was given a yellow card for wiping the ball on a stewards gillet ( seemly the steward offered it) and the ref ran over and booked him as its now against the law

I saw that (the match was much more fun than the Arse game so we swapped channel).

I think each club's Dave Challinor should sew a square of highly absorbent material to the inside front of their shirt so they can get a good wipe without upsetting a wanker referee.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Shirts are best.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes was widely reported when it came in. Mainly as a few EFL clubs used to have loads of towels dotted around the edge of the pitch but players would use the process of getting one as a time waster.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton

sounds the most petty thing I have heard in a
What's a gillet? Is it something sexual? No wonder they've banned it!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Long overdue, with home teams gaining an unfair advantage with ball balls only handing out towels to home players. Blatant cheating as using an outside agent. Rather than moaning we should be applauding the referee.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I did request on the other thread, what happens in Indiana stays in Indiana :ROFLMAO:

Not so much. Look at all the things that happened to Trump's Vice President, Mike Pence in Indiana. Also all the things Michael Jackson endured while growing up in Indiana.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here