Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] They say that everyone has their price

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What did Farage win? Another election failure to get his prized seat in Parliament. The Tories won Brexit, it was always a Tory fight, and the voters they swung had little to do with Farage. Nigel was just the guy who would do the campaigning no other self respecting person would do, like standing in front of a Nazi inspired billboard. How on earth do people attribute Brexit to this man when he couldn’t even win a seat? Laughable.

I think you follow these things too? On the Referendum night and the next day, Farage gave the strong impression that he was expecting a call to be a key part of our legal process of EU departure.

Obviously no call came, so he spent years bitching bitterly about Tory PM’s and policies, on how we were a soft touch in dealing with Barnier and were bottlers, as well as being a general backseat driver on everything from Cressida Dick to pandemic strategies.

His recent big promotion on GBnews, I’m guessing helped caused Andrew Neil to depart. I really like AN, Farage is a joke figure.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IDS who is really George Smith but tries to posh up his name.

Heard an unpleasant interview with him on LBC recently, discussing our conundrum over migrants crossing the channel. Very matter of fact and in passing he just talked about “getting rid of these people”. The interviewer, I think in good faith, didn’t challenge his inhumane words and tone.

Those arriving may well be a mix of people - genuine ex-refugees, economic migrants and perhaps some crooks from Eastern European (that does happen).

He just talked about them all as if they were dirt to wipe off a shoe. Revealing.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I think you follow these things too? On the Referendum night and the next day, Farage gave the strong impression that he was expecting a call to be a key part of our legal process of EU departure.

Obviously no call came, so he spent years bitching bitterly about Tory PM’s and policies, on how we were a soft touch in dealing with Barnier and were bottlers, as well as being a general backseat driver on everything from Cressida Dick to pandemic strategies.

His recent big promotion on GBnews, I’m guessing helped caused Andrew Neil to depart. I really like AN, Farage is a joke figure.

Careful, you’ll be labelled a politically illiterate radicalized remainer! :cool::rock:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good grief ... what did Farage win ?! There are the stupid/ politically illiterate then there are people like you ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Careful, you’ll be labelled a politically illiterate radicalized remainer! :cool::rock:

Farage won just enough votes, just enough opinion poll points and just enough column inches to worry the Conservative Party. And he must have had a good publicist because he managed to appear on the BBC, that so many of his supporters want to defund, every five minutes.

From 1997 to 2010 the Tories had been a busted flush and even straight after that they needed the Lib Dems to prop them up. They saw (wrongly as it turned out) their right wing, populist share of the vote going to Farage and their centerist vote going to the Lib Dems and Cameron thought he'd cut both off by becoming the man who killed the noise once and for all by winning a referendum for Remain. He had no conception that the British public could actually be that stupid, but it turns out they are. His pathetic Project Fear campaign and Labour being fronted by their most useless and most left wing leader since Foot didn't help.

Not much of that would have mattered had the very slice of the Tory vote party that was most under threat from Farage not joined with him, nor would that have gone anywhere without funding from the likes of Aaron Banks and fake news campaigns from the Russians, for whom Brexit was geo-political gold and for whom Nigel and Trump now seem to be shilling.

TLDR? Farage didn't win Brexit - Cameron lost it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good grief ... what did Farage win ?! There are the stupid/ politically illiterate then there are people like you ...

You could have pointed out that he won a seat in the European Parliament…….. where he did nothing but embarrass himself and his country.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Heard an unpleasant interview with him on LBC recently, discussing our conundrum over migrants crossing the channel. Very matter of fact and in passing he just talked about “getting rid of these people”. The interviewer, I think in good faith, didn’t challenge his inhumane words and tone.

Those arriving may well be a mix of people - genuine ex-refugees, economic migrants and perhaps some crooks from Eastern European (that does happen).

He just talked about them all as if they were dirt to wipe off a shoe. Revealing.

He has been revealing that attitude for a long time, it is barely hidden.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
You could have pointed out that he won a seat in the European Parliament…….. where he did nothing but embarrass himself and his country.

that can't be true because he continuously told us that the EU was "undemocratic"

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

An organisation that he bemoaned as undemocratic, was where he had his only direct democratic successes. To be fair he did also have a quick moan about the lack of democracy in UK elections, when 5 million votes or so across the country, resulted in no seats in Parliament for UKIP, not too much, as obviously that would detract from one of his core arguments.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He has been revealing that attitude for a long time, it is barely hidden.

But IDS tried to reinvent himself in the last ten years as a crusader for social justice (a strange policy, again sly, he simply doesn’t want people on benefits not working, ever, but beats around the bush) and he talks the talk with a pro migration policy.

In another era he’d have been one of the characters out of Ridley Road.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
that can't be true because he continuously told us that the EU was "undemocratic"

He was part of the Fisheries committee, but only attended one meeting out of 42.
He also conveniently omitted telling his followers that Britain introduced a lot of the rules and regulations. Margaret Thatcher introduced the Single Market, and Lord Kerr, late of the Diplomatic Service, and House of Lords, actually drafted Article 50, which he never thought Britain would use.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-lisbon-treaty-author-lord-kerr-a7655891.html

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

If we are going for his indirect achievements, what has happened in the Tory party and the country because of him, then he is the man that made a referendum a topic that could not be ignored, and ultimately made it possible for a **** like Johnson to become Prime Minister, at the worst moment possible. Meaning we have a clueless bullshitter in charge, more interested in his ratings in polls than death tolls from a pandemic. You can lump all the avoidable deaths onto Farage if you want, but I feel the Tory party really should take the lions share of responsibility.

He was successful in stirring up hatred against migrants, getting people to blame foreigners as the source of their hardship. Dividing a nations population, possibly disuniting a Kingdom, bringing economic harm, damaging the UK fishing industry, created the longest and most toxic thread in the history of NSC, caused staffing shortages in the UK in care, transport etc.

If winning is at any cost, then he has been successful, but if the idea was that Britain would be better, he is very much a failure.

Well done Farage, your legacy will not be soon forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here