Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Vaccine and Footballers

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The lag in vaccination appointments is driven by constrained supplies. Nobody will be given the option of paying to jump the queue although it wouldn’t be a surprise if the PL have thought about this idea. In their heads everything is for sale at the right price.
As to whether club doctors could administer, the answer is yes. Pharmacists in Boots can administer vaccines so no reason why a doctor couldn’t do the same but they should be vaccinating the general population not their employees.

Not so sure. It is about getting the vaccine in the hands of a doctor or nurse (not the rate limiting step I don't imagine), then getting the punters to form an orderly queue for the jab to be administered (the rate limiting step I suspect). I don't have a problem with the club doctors jabbing the players. It would be even more lovely if, once they are finished, they could spend some time jabbing members of the public too.

Anyone with private health insurance been informed how long their queue will be?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I understand your sentiment and agree we are a comparatively rich nation but I can't agree the message you communicate by saying "we have bought up available vaccines at the expense of poor countries".

In reference to the Oxford / Astra-Zennica vaccine - who paid for the vaccine design? UK - who paid for all the test and development? UK - who paid for trials? UK - who is paying for manufacture? UK
So, absolutely yes, UK residents should benefit from this nation's brains & health investment.

I've also heard that the Oxford / Astra-Zennica vaccine will be "sold" to poor nations at cost - do you advocate we should give it for free?

So much much wrong there.

Investment into the Oxford vaccine have come from all over the world. Even Google have shares in the company.

Wealthy countries like this one will have to dig very deep to ensure poorer countries get it a vaccine. T

The only way any country is gonna be safe is by eradicating the virus in others too. We've seen how far the UK variant has travelled.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not so sure. It is about getting the vaccine in the hands of a doctor or nurse (not the rate limiting step I don't imagine), then getting the punters to form an orderly queue for the jab to be administered (the rate limiting step I suspect). I don't have a problem with the club doctors jabbing the players. It would be even more lovely if, once they are finished, they could spend some time jabbing members of the public too.

Anyone with private health insurance been informed how long their queue will be?

It’s all NHS. My Mum had hers today.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...a-covid-19-vaccine-privately-or-at-a-pharmacy

‘Can I pay for a COVID-19 vaccine privately or at a pharmacy?
The COVID-19 vaccination is only available through the NHS to eligible groups and it is a free vaccination’

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Footballers or people working in supermarkets ?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Can I put in a late nomination for the OP as worst post of the year ?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Can you imagine how some of the “superstars” like Grealish would behave if they thought they were safe

If Grealish had the jab he would be rolling around on the floor holding his ankle.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All key workers should be first and foremost ... and I include teachers, food retail workers, food network logistics and drivers, water industry employees, power industry employees and obviously NHS workers... without clean drinking water and power society would be looking at way more deaths than we could comprehend... private firms don’t have big teams a few isolations here and there could knock out water supply within hours for a period of weeks. Indeed I’d be prioritising these groups above the older people who should be isolating now (virtually everywhere) anyway. I’d also vaccinate super spreaders as a priority - kids.

Footballers and football... not even second fiddle.
The vaccine isn't licenced for under 18s.

Way more long term studies would need to be done before it is, given that u18s are pretty much unaffected.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Ginger Dalek, he knows.

sketch-1610111439916.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here