Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Tourist

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Utter bilge.

How can something this staggeringly bad make it into production? The acting is ok, main characters quite likeable, but a quite ridiculous story and scene after scene of things that just wouldn’t happen.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
This is a classic case of the producers making a second series of a show, but without actually having anything that makes said decision worthwhile. Shite plot, unlikeable characters and a succession of events that the audience are not prepared to willingly suspend their belief in because the whole thing is a steaming horseshit casserole.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Remember the first series. Started off promisingly, but went downhill rapidly. Don’t get the need for a second series, but guess it must have done well enough to warrant recommissioning.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was far fetched in the first series, so decided to watch Mr Bates v The Post Office with the excellent Toby Jones. It was a hard watch, knowing all these people who were convicted, some went to prison, four committed suicide, and only a few of whom have had their convictions overturned despite the truth coming out about Horizon,
A few have received compensation for losing their jobs, homes and reputations, but are now being taxed on it.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Will give that a miss then 😃
Just watching the Vigil.
Interesting start but it’s just become totally unbelievable.
Bring back Happy Valley!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I quite like it. It's obviously very (for peak time BBC) stylised and idiosyncratic though, so wont be everyone's cup of tea.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Really liked the first series. Original, engaging and thought provoking.

Seems they should have left well alone and sounds like I might want to give this one a miss.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, quite disappointing. We watched the first two episodes last night. Really enjoyed the 1st series as it had a story. This one is more like a cartoon with lots of slapstick mishaps and stupid storylines. Lucky there’s so much football on.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yes, quite disappointing. We watched the first two episodes last night. Really enjoyed the 1st series as it had a story. This one is more like a cartoon with lots of slapstick mishaps and stupid storylines. Lucky there’s so much football on.
We did do the same, I was praying for the second episode to end but my partner wanted to see it through.

First season was enjoyable.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was far fetched in the first series, so decided to watch Mr Bates v The Post Office with the excellent Toby Jones. It was a hard watch, knowing all these people who were convicted, some went to prison, four committed suicide, and only a few of whom have had their convictions overturned despite the truth coming out about Horizon,
A few have received compensation for losing their jobs, homes and reputations, but are now being taxed on it.

It’s this. Stomach churning for me, really struggled with it, and ended up turning over despite its undoubted merits.
will have to watch when I’m feeling a bit more positive - really sad.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Can anyone even begin to explain why on discovering the main character had been captured and taken away in a van, that the cop and the girl walked after them for miles up the road on foot, leaving his car in the car park? Just why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here