Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The ticking Profit and Sustainability (FFP) timebomb...

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Anyone else bored of people comparing us to Southampton. Today I was at the dentist in leamington spa - he was a Liverpool fan. He asked about my team and when I said Brighton he straight away said this season showed we are going to be like Southampton. Obviously it is tricky to explain while a man is shoving sharp implements around your mouth but he was very happy with the comparison and also very happy that Liverpool has made Alexis a baller. I tried explaining our injuries but he was not having it.

I have never liked the dentist but now I hate them even more.
And you can’t even answer back when he’s putting a drill in your mouth

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This seems as appropriate a thread as any to put this in. Michael Spicer found fame as 'the man next door' in some online comedy videos where he would pretend to be the adviser speaking into the ear of politicians giving bad interviews. He has pivoted away from that and now does longer opinion pieces (still with a humorous slant).

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I believe in U.S. if 6/30 team go over and pay a combined 630M then that is split 24 ways and paid out evenly to the other clubs. Zero to thd F.A.or a nominal amount. Shirley if running a % of revenue model, that would then raise the other 24 team's available money the next year but without being able to commit to long term wages and contracts as the following year anything could happen! (Though we all know it would only increase).

I do however wonder if we'd see more like 15 teams pay over the cap, with us, brentford and non-massive promoted teams getting rich.

Too many issues for it to happen as above but would be funny.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

However, most of that cash outflow has now been excluded from Everton’s most recent profit and loss account after a controversial change in accounting policy by the club that has allowed it to report lower losses – and which may give rise to a further points deduction by the Premier League.

The change in how the club accounts for debt interest comes amid intense scrutiny of its finances by the Premier League. On Monday, Everton was deducted points for the second time in the season for breaches of profitability and sustainability (PSR) rules.
Hard to see how any relegated clubs do not take action at the end of the season innit.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So it looks like Chelsea tightly met 22/23 PSR by selling a hotel to themselves for £76m.

Yes, I’m sure the sale of a hotel was all above board and for value …

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here