Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The state of play, this season to last

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
2011-2012
played 19,goals for 22, against 21 points 29, position-7th.

2012-2013
played 19, goals for 27, against 16
points 31, position 7th.

In the build up to palace, how you feeling? healthier goals for and against and 2 more points on the board than last season. I feel not only is it the obvious must win against the scummers but it could set up our season for a possible promotion kick.
Bearing in mind last seasons champions Reading were behind us after 19 games in 9th.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It shows that we are a better side but need to be more clinical at both ends of the pitch. Not sure the Palarse game will have a huge bearing on the season overall, a result at smellhurst will soon be forgotten (in promotion chances, not "bragging rights") if we lose at Charlton.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I don't think a win at the Caravan Dwellers is vital - avoiding defeat is though! A point would be acceptable ( under the mantra win at home / draw away ).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think we're in much better shape this season than the 2 points suggest. We're playing higher up the pitch, with some tempo and are creating much more around the oppo's goal. We misfired a lot last season and although we've had a "blip" this time I reckon we're much better value.

Reckon we'll set up not to lose at Palarse ... will be a bit miserable at the time but it'll be quickly forgotten if we keep racking up the points

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We're clearly better this season, but so are Palace. I agree that a draw will be a more than acceptable result on Saturday.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I predict a loss on Saturday, but promotion at the end of the season.

Hmm. Interesting point there. Would I take a pants down spanking from the lucky heather brigade vs. Guaranteed promo? I think not. Let's do Palace AND secure automatic promotion.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Originally Posted by The Camel<br />
I predict a loss on Saturday, but promotion at the end of the season.
<br />
<br />
Hmm. Interesting point there. Would I take a pants down spanking from the lucky heather brigade vs. Guaranteed promo? I think not. Let's do Palace AND secure automatic promotion.

You must be joking. We could lose 10-0 on Sat for all I care if we were guaranteed promotion.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
2011-2012

2012-2013
points 31, position 7th.

In the build up to palace, how you feeling? healthier goals for and against and 2 more points on the board than last season. I feel not only is it the obvious must win against the scummers but it could set up our season for a possible promotion kick.
Bearing in mind last seasons champions Reading were behind us after 19 games in 9th.

For all realistic intents and purposes those records are identical. It's a bit like those paint charts where your wife points out the HUGE difference between mild apricot white and light sunshine white.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You must be joking. We could lose 10-0 on Sat for all I care if we were guaranteed promotion.

Taking this literally, I'd have to say no to that. Promotion doesn't mean enough to me to have the club's history tainted by that. I'd rather win 10-0 and stay down by a point (as long as it isn't Palace who go up instead)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'd rather we won 10 nil and stayed down!

Neither will happen so it's a moot point really.

Back to the thread - feels like we have drawn a lot of games this year than at this stage last year. How does that compare to last? If we're losing fewer and conceding fewer goals thats a good sign. No one in this league to worry us and I see no reason we could not go up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For all realistic intents and purposes those records are identical. It's a bit like those paint charts where your wife points out the HUGE difference between mild apricot white and light sunshine white.

Similar but not quite as similar as you suggest. We are better at the back and have thrown away about six points with pen misses and conceding last minute goals which I'm sure we didn't do last season.

I actually believe we are in a false position as a consequence. We have played some decent teams off the park and lost 0-1, as well as shit teams like Bolton

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
2011-2012

2012-2013
points 31, position 7th.

One thing that isn't really captured by the above is how much better our Disciplinary record has been this year, which means we not losing anyone to silly bans! That must help in the long term

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
neither will happen so it's a moot point really.

Back to the thread - feels like we have drawn a lot of games this year than at this stage last year. how does that compare to last? if we're losing fewer and conceding fewer goals thats a good sign. No one in this league to worry us and i see no reason we could not go up.

2012/13 - w8 d7 l4

2011/12 - w8 d5 l6

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We haven't had the distraction of cup matches either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here