Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Spurs fans - needy?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Well done to the North Stand last night. Where I sit, I hear the away fans more than the home usually. I admit that Spurs were loud at the start but went strangely quiet after 11 minutes or so. But I could hear the NS loud and clear through the match which TBH, is not often the case. Well done men. After a particularly lusty "We've super Rob De Zerbi...", there was a desultory "4 nil, and you still don't sing..." from the south which suggests that neither end of the ground is able to hear the opposite stand.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
They must rank as the one of the quietest groups of supporters ever at the Amex.
But in fairness, when you think you are a decent side and then have to sit and watch your side being given a footballing lesson it must be hard to start singing enthusiastically.
From where I am in West Upper they were some of the louder fans. Even when most of them had left their dirge of "when the Spurs..." had a lot of volume to it. Weird Amex acoustics maybe?

Got anti-gay taunts directed personally at me on the way to a ground for the first time since the 2004 play-off final. Didn't know Spurs fans were extra muggy

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Oh yes, definitely a lot of mug Spuds fans...
I remember beating them 3-1 in April 78. They weren’t exactly smug before, during or after the match, in fact they could be described as unpleasant and not good losers!!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Well done to the North Stand last night. Where I sit, I hear the away fans more than the home usually. I admit that Spurs were loud at the start but went strangely quiet after 11 minutes or so. But I could hear the NS loud and clear through the match which TBH, is not often the case. Well done men. After a particularly lusty "We've super Rob De Zerbi...", there was a desultory "4 nil, and you still don't sing..." from the south which suggests that neither end of the ground is able to hear the opposite stand.
Was watching the match on tv , thought the atmosphere was very good , I thought the Spurs fans were very quiet,
good noise from us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here