Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Specials on Saturday night, Roll call....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're correct about Suicide.

They lasted two songs before the skins got on stage and wrapped the microphone lead round the singer's neck!

The skins were there courtesy of Jimmy Pursey who was on stage for the encore to do the vocals for White Riot i

I lived in Creepy from March 1980 till June 1981. I worked in what appears now to be called the 'Brewery Shades'. Some of the clientele (and the senior 'barmaid') were all openly racist, and little skinheads would harrass the asian mums on the square (which, according to google maps, is now filled with a massive Iceland :ohmy:). Couldn't wait to see te back of it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Not a specials fan, but how great it was walking to the car park and seeing trucks and tour buses instead of Covid jab queues at the centre.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is a feature of the rebellion festival , minority granted but a number of old school punks with no teeth or hair on mobility scooters 😁

So Speed kills is a myth. 'Speed buggers you up and makes you look ridiculous but still hanging in there' doesn't have the same ring to it though.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I saw them 3* times as far as I recall in the 70s. This was 1979:

View attachment 140150

*Hallucinating. It was 79 and 80.

I see that Suicide were on the bill when you saw them. Spooky duo. Probably didn't go down well. Their album is a classic though :thumbsup:

The support when I first saw them was Selektor (didn't like) and Madness. I seem to recall mayhem.

Would loved to have seen Suicide but was at the Top Rank for the Specials , Selector , Madness line up , The Bognor NF Skins on the train made for an intimidating trip back afterwards .

Also saw the Specials at the Worthing Assembly hall later on which was a much better night as far as I can recall in my twilight days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here