Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] The Recurring moan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rail is frequently longer than 1hr 30 mins. I’ve had to travel to Littlehampton and change, or change at Barnham, Havant etc to pick up a SW train, even though there is a direct train from Brighton to Portsmouth Harbour. I think almost every time I’ve done that journey, I’ve been able to claim delay repay.
Even with that it's still hard to imagine the train, when it's running, being slower than driving
What with having to fight to get out of Brighton before tackling Lyons Farm, Worthing, Arundel then Chichester.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The roads down here in the SW are generally very good, especially compared to East Sussex.
I drove down to Heathfield at Christmas, down the A21 to Hurst Green and turned right through Etchingham, what a joke, cars were driving on the wrong side to avoid huge potholes, I had to do the same, part of the road had subsided away and there was hardly any tarmac on the road, worst I have seen for a very long time.
Also the road from Heathfield down to the Boship Roundabout is appalling.
I know it's Kent but my home town Tunbridge Wells has dreadful roads all over the town.

Yep did a bit a of cycling down there in the summer, it was a pleasure.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Nothing to do with the city, it's a trunk road so is Highways England's responsibility..

Yes it is to do with the City.

"Thank you for your email to Highways England dated 23 January regarding litter on the A27.

We are responsible for the maintenance and stewardship of motorways and trunk roads in England. However, the responsibility for litter collection on trunk roads falls under the local authority. Under the provisions of the Environmental Protection Act 1990: Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse, responsibility for keeping all-purpose trunk roads (APTR) free from litter falls to the local district and borough councils. There are a few lengths of trunk road on which we are responsible for litter collection and these are detailed in the attached extract from the Network Maintenance Manual.

Based on the information you’ve provided, the road you refer to is managed by Brighton & Hove City Council, so you’ll need to redirect your query onto them. I’ve listed their highways department contact details below:"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes it is to do with the City.

"Thank you for your email to Highways England dated 23 January regarding litter on the A27.

We are responsible for the maintenance and stewardship of motorways and trunk roads in England. However, the responsibility for litter collection on trunk roads falls under the local authority. Under the provisions of the Environmental Protection Act 1990: Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse, responsibility for keeping all-purpose trunk roads (APTR) free from litter falls to the local district and borough councils. There are a few lengths of trunk road on which we are responsible for litter collection and these are detailed in the attached extract from the Network Maintenance Manual.

Based on the information you’ve provided, the road you refer to is managed by Brighton & Hove City Council, so you’ll need to redirect your query onto them. I’ve listed their highways department contact details below:"

OK well that I never knew, thank you.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
When we visited in September we drove along the A270 from Worthing -Brighton- Worthing and reverse a few times. What a fxxk in shit tip! Weeds on the side of the road and in the central reservation up to waist height! Utterly embarrassing if you were showing a visitor around. Wasn’t like that in my day blah, blah...........and that was less than 3 years ago before some smart arse chimes in. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here