Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Production Line

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
As we all know the model of the club is to develop, still on when right for all and have the follow up succession plan in place for after. But having read the article a few weeks ago about lack of English goalkeepers coming through and Tony Bloom spotting this niche, and taking into account the succession plan earlier this season with Potter leaving and us getting top whack in compensation does this pave the way for another possibility?

Having read, and thought about Milner rumours, and various comments about him working in tandem with Lallana coaching wise, developing coaching teams would give the obvious benefit to not only the playing team’s, but if successful, the options of perhaps being able to allow the coaching teams to move with the correct compensation pay outs. Another method of the self sustainable succession plans perhaps, or I could be reading much too far into this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the entire set up only works if we have 'old heads' on the pitch and around the training ground.
The set up is to sell on players in their prime for top top dollar leaving an experience deficit.

But those fogeys need to be the right codgers.

I'm not #TeamLallana but even I can see what he brings and more importantly what we miss when he's not playing.

Clearly The Lana would be keen on Milner, perhaps with half an eye on his own coaching cabal.
Having them both occasionally available for cameos (word up) wouldn't be the worst move - what's the Welbeck contract situation?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I think the entire set up only works if we have 'old heads' on the pitch and around the training ground.
The set up is to sell on players in their prime for top top dollar leaving an experience deficit.

But those fogeys need to be the right codgers.

I'm not #TeamLallana but even I can see what he brings and more importantly what we miss when he's not playing.

Clearly The Lana would be keen on Milner, perhaps with half an eye on his own coaching cabal.
Having them both occasionally available for cameos (word up) wouldn't be the worst move - what's the Welbeck contract situation?

Welbeck’s contract is up at the end of next season.

Can see us making moves then to bring in a couple more seasoned pro’s as others may retire from playing or move on.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As someone that’s got some insight in the youth set up at the academy there is no big production line for goalies there. Was down to one goalie coach for all age groups for a while recently so hardly any special focus on that area.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As someone that’s got some insight in the youth set up at the academy there is no big production line for goalies there. Was down to one goalie coach for all age groups for a while recently so hardly any special focus on that area.
Yet GKs seem to come off the production line regulary enough - Walton and Sanchez, and now Rushworth and Beadle out on loan and getting rave reviews.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yet GKs seem to come off the production line regulary enough - Walton and Sanchez, and now Rushworth and Beadle out on loan and getting rave reviews.
Indeed but there’s not the GK factory that’s been alluded to. There’s no specific focus on goalies over any other position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here