Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Piranhas collected works

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just saw this on Amazon. Anyone got it? Any good? Can't see any reviews....

(Saw them multiple times, at the Alhambra, mostly :love:)

piranhas.PNG

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That will bring back some memories,

I bumped into Johnny Helmer at an IT conference about 15 years ago - it was a real shock to see him there. Talk about seeing someone out of place

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I like the Piranhas. Like HWT I used to go to the Alhambra on a Sunday night (my mate once told me we went over 20 times).
I've got the 2004 release "The Piranhas Collection" so probably won't get this one.
I've also got, somewhere, the Attrix "Vaultage" collection albums, some great tunes from local bands on there too.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just saw this on Amazon. Anyone got it? Any good? Can't see any reviews....

(Saw them multiple times, at the Alhambra, mostly :love:)

Ah - the Alhambra.

Booked the place for three of us to have our 18th birthday party there (after having been going there for some while obviously). It closed down the weekend before!

As a sidenote - it meant we had to make hasty alternative arrangements, so went to the bar above the ice rink instead. They then lost their licence that night for serving underage drinkers....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I like the Piranhas. Like HWT I used to go to the Alhambra on a Sunday night (my mate once told me we went over 20 times).
I've got the 2004 release "The Piranhas Collection" so probably won't get this one.
I've also got, somewhere, the Attrix "Vaultage" collection albums, some great tunes from local bands on there too.

Used to love the Vaultage albums. Had all three, well if memory serves it was three. They introduced me to The Chefs for one thing. Recall lending my collection to a punk exhibition at the art college once. Must have bought them all at Attrix I suppose. One of them came in a Tesco-style carrier bag with the Piranhas logo splurged on the side. Continued into town on my saturday shop and stopped in at the Windsor Tavern for a pint. Ended up nearly getting beaten up by the pig-thick wankers of the Anti-Piranha League who spotted the logo. Part of growing up eh? :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When they were good. Very good.
Always found the records a big disappointment

To be fair tho, I used to find that with every local band I ever followed. You get so used to getting so caught up in the thrill of the live sound that the eagerly-anticipated record nearly always ended up sounding flat and alien. In fact even taping the gig and playing it back the morning afte the night before produced pretty much the same effect. I guess you had to be there in the moment

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Anybody know if Bob is planning any more Piranhas gigs? I've seen the videos of the re-formed group at the Albert but not seen them live.

Having seen the original line-up well over 50 times (including trips on the minibus to see them play London gigs), I'd love to see them "one last time".

Can't remember happier days than those Sunday nights down the Alhambra.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah - the Alhambra.

Booked the place for three of us to have our 18th birthday party there (after having been going there for some while obviously). It closed down the weekend before!

As a sidenote - it meant we had to make hasty alternative arrangements, so went to the bar above the ice rink instead. They then lost their licence that night for serving underage drinkers....

Your nickname isn't 'lucky' then? ??? :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Used to love the Vaultage albums. Had all three, well if memory serves it was three. They introduced me to The Chefs for one thing. Recall lending my collection to a punk exhibition at the art college once. Must have bought them all at Attrix I suppose. One of them came in a Tesco-style carrier bag with the Piranhas logo splurged on the side. Continued into town on my saturday shop and stopped in at the Windsor Tavern for a pint. Ended up nearly getting beaten up by the pig-thick wankers of the Anti-Piranha League who spotted the logo. Part of growing up eh? :shrug:

Ah, the Chefs. My gilfriend at the time (77/78) was mates with Carl or his sister (long time ago) and we met him a few times (he was 17 if I recall correctly). A very nicely spoken young man. Another old pal of mine was in the Smartees for a while and didn't get on with Helen. She was later in the band Attila hates, the Molesters. I came across the main singer John and one of the 'backing singers' (Carole?) in a magazine many years ago :eek:. Back to the Alhambra, I had a shoving match (not a real fight) with Paul, the Molester's guitarist (before the Molesters formed) because he didn't know how to behave at a punk gig (was probably Piranhas) and wanted to stand his ground rather than jump around. He was ten years older than the rest of us, must be in his early 70s now if he's alive. He married one of the other singers (who was sharing a flat with me and my girlfriend at the time). That lasted about a week (they never moved in together) because she went round his flat and found him in bed with Another Lady :eek:. A fight ensued. Do you remember Douggie the Fire Eater? We came back to our flat one night and found it stank of petrol. You can guess the rest :facepalm: Happy days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here