Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The perfect penalty

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Best penalty of recent years that I can remember is, bizarrely, Harry Maguire in the Euro final back in 21. He could have told the keeper where he was going and it wouldn’t have been saved ‘coz he struck it so hard.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was composed, focused and unstoppable. Not dissimilar to some of Harry Kane’s penalties. Top left with power. Even if the keeper guesses right he literally cannot save it. Outstanding penalty.
It really was flawless. More players should study that technique, rather than opt for a far riskier clever-clever approach

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The prefect penalty that is unsavable was taken by Kevin pressman the Wednesday keeper in the 90s. I am mid-40s and this was talk of school the next day. Absolutely ridiculous.

That is not a criticism of alexis’s brilliant pen but this is on a different level!

If they had 3 keepers on the line they wouldn't have saved that.

But it looks like he's probably missing the target every 3 out of 4 goes. Of course that pen is never ever going to be saved, but I'm not sure the perfect penalty is one with such a high risk of missing - it's more lucky than perfect.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
We need to get rid of this young lad Alexis, his attitude is too perfect and his technique is getting better and better he also fits far to well into our squad as a team player, let's swap him out for some old boy that's next stop is the knackers yard.

Worst decision since buying Paul Kitson.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We need to get rid of this young lad Alexis, his attitude is too perfect and his technique is getting better and better he also fits far to well into our squad as a team player, let's swap him out for some old boy that's next stop is the knackers yard.

Worst decision since buying Paul Kitson.
😂
Thankfully I removed my initial reply before pressing send.
I'd have been well and truly whooooshed.

Good effort AB.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Next update will be 13:00 when 'all angles' will be released on The YouTube.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
If that trend continues it will be nearly a minute by the time he's my age.
If I waited that long to take a penalty, there is every chance I'd have a nap.
Removing all that noise is so important so he can focus on one thing, hitting the back of the net. I wonder if Southgate could have done that, he would have ended up being an England manager?
I think that miss drove him on, unfortunately.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
In one of his post-match interviews, with TalkSport I think, he covered his routine and that he said he takes 5-6 seconds to prepare himself.

I timed him on @LamieRobertson's video on a thread last night and it was 10.5 seconds from whistle to ball strike. In the stadium, it felt like about 10.5 years.
Right? Think De Gea got a bit wound up by it too. The slap of his gloves came across as 'Come on, hurry up' and as soon as he did that, Mac Allister pulled the trigger.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
The perfect penalty would be one which is physically impossible for the keeper to save, even if his water bottle has told him exactly where the ball was to be kicked.
I agree that this is one component of what makes the perfect penalty, but there is also another part, which is sending the goalie the wrong way. Do those two things, which Mac Alllister, did, and you've got the perfect penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here