Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Overlap-Gary Neville

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yesterday we watched the episode where he was shown around Bootle by Jamie Carragher. Some really enjoyable reminiscing and great tv as it came across as honest and natural. Carragher became noticeably broader Scouse when back on home territory which is I think quite common when going home (my Dad used to sound more like a farmer when speaking with his family than was usually the case). I found it interesting that Neville had never before been to Liverpool in the daytime on a non match day despite being brought up an hour down the road ! Some other great anecdotes about the 1985 cup final, giving up playing and playing for England. Well worth watching.

Ps we watched it on You Tube for free.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yep I saw that some time ago. Thought it was good.

I was explaining to some Americans last week how different the accents are between Liverpool and Manchester yet they're only 35 miles apart. Was hard to get them to understand how different an hours car journey can be to local accents.

Mar 4, 2023

Fan debate part two where they discuss best/worst owners amongst other things. Looks like the Brighton fan didn't get an invite? Not the only one mind you, lots of mid table obscurity clearly not important enough to be there, oh, apart from Chelsea :unsure:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Fan debate part two where they discuss best/worst owners amongst other things. Looks like the Brighton fan didn't get an invite? Not the only one mind you, lots of mid table obscurity clearly not important enough to be there, oh, apart from Chelsea :unsure:

It's not fans, it's Podcast hosts. Maz and Ben from Seagulls social have been on before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here