Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official Open Golf thread

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I used to have a fast golf swing. I picked up on Morikawa a year or so ago and other golfers like Im who really slow it down. There is no one size fits all but his influence has improved my game. I’ve watched a lot of Morikawa videos and his disposition matches his talent.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I used to have a fast golf swing. I picked up on Morikawa a year or so ago and other golfers like Im who really slow it down. There is no one size fits all but his influence has improved my game. I’ve watched a lot of Morikawa videos and his disposition matches his talent.

Former pro at my old club suggested any middle aged mid handicapper (not suggesting that’s you but it’s definitely me) should swing like a female pro, not a male pro. Much more controlled and much slower.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Former pro at my old club suggested any middle aged mid handicapper (not suggesting that’s you but it’s definitely me) should swing like a female pro, not a male pro. Much more controlled and much slower.

It is us both and wholeheartedly agree with the former pro. For me, it would be the transition to the downswing that is the thing to learn from a female pro. Morikawa is a male version. He generates immense power and accuracy from what is a light frame. So pleased he left behind by some distance the power merchants with his talent and course management.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is us both and wholeheartedly agree with the former pro. For me, it would be the transition to the downswing that is the thing to learn from a female pro. Morikawa is a male version. He generates immense power from what is a light frame. So pleased he left behind by some distance the power merchants with his talent and course management.

100% agreed. Great to watch. I hate what DeChambeau and his ilk are doing to the game.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This guy winning is a pain in the ass.... all it means is I get more idiots that think my name now has 2 ll in it...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This guy winning is a pain in the ass.... all it means is I get more idiots that think my name now has 2 ll in it...

As an aside, one rarely hears of any babies called Colin* these days - are you a dying breed?

*or Collin for that matter

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Congratulations Collin, the Champion Golfer of 2021, can't think of a worthier winner. His iron play was something else.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004

Indeed.

My swing thought is Nelly Korda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here