Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official Loanee Jan. 2022 Transfer Window Speculation thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Right, so we've got eighteen players (by my count) out on loan, mostly for development purposes. So, who will/might be/can be recalled, whose loans will be cancelled by mutual consent? Will any of them sign for their present clubs, either for a fee or a pre-contract agreement? Who is likely to stay the course, improve their reputation and come back to us for first team squad inclusion next year, and who do people think is likely to be sold (or let go on a free transfer) in the summer? Speculation welcome!

Alternatively, anyone with local knowledge out there with a mid season report? The 18 players concerned are:
Van Hecke & Khedra (Blackburn);
Clarke & Molumbey (WBA);
Ostigard & Sima (Stoke City);
Longman (Hull City);
Weir (Cambridge United):
Walton (Ipswich):
Rushworth (Walsall):
Jenks (Aberdeen):
Cochrane (Hearts):
Dendoncker (St Johnstone):
Caicedo (Beerschot):
Zeqiri (Augsburg):
Mitoma (USG):
Andone (Cadiz):
Karbownik (Olympiacos).

(I didn't count Billy Arce - I doubt if anyone else would either).

P.S. Please note that Connolly isn't currently out on loan, no matter how many people think he should be - he is not one of the eighteen above!

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Walsall fans seem to be pretty sure that Rushworth is a ship that will pass in the night for them (a la White and Sanchez at Newport and Rochdale respectively). Seems like in a good place for the rest of the season - Championship loan for 2022-23? ................. or are Barcelona still sniffing around?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Andones loan has finished i thought? And sima possibly has been injured whole time. Ostigard fallen out with manager but fans want himTo play.

Polish guy on loan to olympiakos friend (big fan) said he is very average

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Andone - I'm just waiting for the day we stop paying him! Sima, injured almost full time - strong suggestions that he might as well recover back here whist settling in at Brighton. Ostigard's the strange one - top season with Coventry last season - they'd have loved to have kept him if they could. Doing fine (and well liked by the fans) at Stoke, but the manager seems to be rating him less now than earlier on. Certainly, they haven't improved through leaving him out (they've also been hit by the season long injury to Souttar too, TBF). but O'Neill's choices and the fans' view seem to be on a divergent course.

Mind you, they seem an extremely grumpy bunch - lying a point outside the play-off places (with two games in hand) you'd think they'd be a tad positive - but no, a 'manager out' thread would, I think, get strong support. Still, that is Stoke we're talking about ..........................................

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Potter has been quoted as saying something along the lines of us getting ‘more bodies in’.

Recalling loans would seem the most likely way to achieve this. However, Potter then dismissed the possibility of recalling defenders as he believes we’re well stocked in that area?

This is what I’ve picked up on the loanees. I can only see Andone coming back - although the club might want to release him straight away.

Van Hecke & Khadra (Blackburn)
- Both doing well fighting for promotion.

Clarke & Molumby (WBA)
- Both doing o.k. fighting for promotion.

Østigård & Sima (Stoke City)
- Leo is not fancied by the manager and Sima is perma-crocked. He is on his way home to recover, but he can’t play for another club including us until next season.

Longman(Hull City)
- Sounds like he is doing fine now.

Weir (Cambridge United)
-?

Walton (Ipswich)
- Being recalled then sold.

Rushworth (Walsall)
- ?

Jenks (Aberdeen)
- Average by some accounts.

Cochrane (Hearts)
- Doing well I thinks.

Dendoncker (St Johnstone)
- ?

Caicedo (Beerschot)
- Doing fine in a very poor side.

Zeqiri (Augsburg)
- Doing fine but not first choice.

Mitoma (USG)
- Doing very well. Exciting times.

Andone (Cadiz)
- Beem a bad boy and is being sent home early!

Karbownik (Olympiacos)
- Poor

(I didn't count Billy Arce - I doubt if anyone else would either). Contract will run out soon. Was in a car crash. Lunatic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Potter has been quoted as saying something along the lines of us getting ‘more bodies in’.

Recalling loans would seem the most likely way to achieve this. However, Potter then dismissed the possibility of recalling defenders as he believes we’re well stocked in that area?

This is what I’ve picked up on the loanees. I can only see Andone coming back - although the club might want to release him straight away.

Van Hecke & Khadra (Blackburn)
- Both doing well fighting for promotion.

Clarke & Molumby (WBA)
- Both doing o.k. fighting for promotion.

Østigård & Sima (Stoke City)
- Leo is not fancied by the manager and Sima is perma-crocked. He is on his way home to recover, but he can’t play for another club including us until next season.

Longman(Hull City)
- Sounds like he is doing fine now.

Weir (Cambridge United)
-?

Walton (Ipswich)
- Being recalled then sold.

Rushworth (Walsall)
- ?

Jenks (Aberdeen)
- Average by some accounts.

Cochrane (Hearts)
- Doing well I thinks.

Dendoncker (St Johnstone)
- ?

Caicedo (Beerschot)
- Doing fine in a very poor side.

Zeqiri (Augsburg)
- Doing fine but not first choice.

Mitoma (USG)
- Doing very well. Exciting times.

Andone (Cadiz)
- Beem a bad boy and is being sent home early!

Karbownik (Olympiacos)
- Poor

(I didn't count Billy Arce - I doubt if anyone else would either). Contract will run out soon. Was in a car crash. Lunatic.

Roughly agree with your ratings of how they are doing now - so what do you tink will hppen to some of then in January? Stay where they are (they're not all defenders), recalled, sold, sign pre-contracts?
We know for instance that van Hecke annd Khadra are doing well, so what conversations - if any - might take place about their futures in January?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In fact Sima could play again for Slavia Prague this season if they wanted to take him back on loan.

Could be an option if Stoke don't want him and the Czech window runs from Jan 26th to Feb 22nd.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Andy Naylor saying Brighton are considering recalling Mitoma from USG as he has enough points now for a permit,

Would be harsh on USG given where they are , and would undoubtedly hurt them, is Tony likely to jeopardise the potential Championship and champions league place for USG?

Andy Naylor [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorBHAFC
Brighton are weighing up whether to recall Kaoru Mitoma or take the more likely option of leaving him on loan at Union Saint-Gilloise. #BHAFC
Mitoma has built up enough points for Brighton to secure a work permit to bring the Japanese winger to the UK.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I can see us making a few permanent sales of players on loan. Maybe Longman, Clarke

I can see us recalling a player and re-loaning them to find a more suitable club. Caicedo, Jenks.

Apart from that, the major decisions will be made in the summer.

I think we should recall Mitoma from his loan and I think we will. Intriguingly, we might decide to "park" Andone there as a replacement. I suppose it would save us the problem of finding someone else to take him and maybe the dull Belgian lifestyle might make him decide to use his talent for football instead of acting all crazy

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
what
Roughly agree with your ratings of how they are doing now - so what do you tink will hppen to some of then in January? Stay where they are (they're not all defenders), recalled, sold, sign pre-contracts?
We know for instance that van Hecke annd Khadra are doing well, so what conversatios - if any - might take place about their futures in January?

This is the dream:

Andone returned - Sold to Beşiktaş J.K. in PX for Larin

Connolly on loan to Boro.

Locadia loaned to USG for his final 6 months.

Sima gets fit and plays a full 2nd half of the season with Stoke.

Mitoma recalled to Albion for 2nd half of season.

Groß or Bissouma sold (due to not signing new contracts).

Walton recalled and sold.

Ben Brereton Diaz signed.

Richards & Roberts given a really good loan to a Championship top six.

Kozłowski bought and loaned to USG

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ostigard loan being cancelled and then a new loan sorted. Thought he had started well but did notice he has fallen out of the team at Stoke

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Andone:

[tweet]1475612478746898452[/tweet]

That would be perfect for Brighton, Andone and Deportivo.

This is the dream:

Andone returned - Sold to Beşiktaş J.K. in PX for Larin

Connolly on loan to Boro.

Locadia loaned to USG for his final 6 months.

Sima gets fit and plays a full 2nd half of the season with Stoke.

Mitoma recalled to Albion for 2nd half of season.

Groß or Bissouma sold (due to not signing new contracts).

Walton recalled and sold.

Ben Brereton Diaz signed.

Richards & Roberts given a really good loan to a Championship top six.

Kozłowski bought and loaned to USG

Did they hurt you somehow or why are you wishing this upon them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here