Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The non-yellow

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Out of Doucoure and Fabinho who had the best "I can't believe I didn't just get sent off" face?
1678977901722.png

1678977936841.png

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
For balance, wasn't there a challenge on Zaha which seemed like the fouliest foul ever which also wasn't given?
Yes, Veltman I think according to Radio Sussex. Whilst I agree completely that the Palace player should have been sent off, there hasn’t been much mention on here of that foul until you brought it up. There was also a thread on here not so long ago praising the ‘dark arts’ of Veltman, closely followed by a masterclass in the same by Fulham. Perspective is probably needed rather than constant playing the victim.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Peter Bankes had an otherwise low key game. It was just so inept with Doucoure. Two of the clearest yellow cards you’ll ever see, absolutely blatant.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
So I've just watched it back. Even more extraordinary on the highlights. It was the yellowist yellow you will ever see. I simply can't understand how any professional ref gets that so wrong.
It's corruption, not incompetence. I suspect the betting syndicate pulling the strings had big money on Brighton not to win, so the ref and VAR were under instructions to facilitate it. Unfortunately for them and their masters they were unable to concoct a draw by means of a penalty or a VAR intervention.
Alternatively, the syndicate may have had money on no red cards, which would have been a good price in this match. If so, happy days for them and the ref as his offshore pension gets boosted.

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The referee is a professional, he actually makes a living from from being a referee.
How do they get away with these decisions??
It's corruption. PGMOL refs are in the pocket of, most likely, betting syndicates. I know some will ridicule this theory but it's been proven in cricket, tennis and snooker. The football betting markets are the biggest in the world, especially in Asia. Why would football NOT be targetted?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, Veltman I think according to Radio Sussex. Whilst I agree completely that the Palace player should have been sent off, there hasn’t been much mention on here of that foul until you brought it up. There was also a thread on here not so long ago praising the ‘dark arts’ of Veltman, closely followed by a masterclass in the same by Fulham. Perspective is probably needed rather than constant playing the victim.
This.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Veltman also got a split lip from Mr tumble's flailing arm. They were both having a go throughout the match.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's corruption. PGMOL refs are in the pocket of, most likely, betting syndicates. I know some will ridicule this theory but it's been proven in cricket, tennis and snooker. The football betting markets are the biggest in the world, especially in Asia. Why would football NOT be targetted?
I heard that it was the Illuminati that were behind it.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
To think we'll lose RDZ as a result of this guys incompetence. I hate having a go at refs, but seriously that decision last night was inexplicable and I suspect the assessor will be having a word with him today.

The standard of officiating is very poor in the Premier League right and that goes for those who have the benefit of watching the replays in Stockley Park. I am not sure what can be done about it.
VAR just doubles their inefficiency and cock ups.
Actually probably more than doubles it as the onfield refs know that they have a back up and therefore don’t have to make any difficult decisions. And the VAR refs just don’t want to overturn the onfield decisions as they’re all in the same club.
And who suffers, those who attend games and shell out their hard earned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here