Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Poor attendance in the end, think Brighton being on the box and the weather put alot of people off.
Talking of poor attendences, I had only 37 paying customers come through the gate for Horsham YMCA's rescheduled home SCFL fixture v. Eastbourne United last Tuesday evening.

I may as well not even have been there. My word it was coldddd!

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Talking of poor attendences, I had only 37 paying customers come through the gate for Horsham YMCA's rescheduled home SCFL fixture v. Eastbourne United last Tuesday evening.

I may as well not even have been there. My word it was coldddd!
Were you the guy who tapped on my car window to pay for the Horsham ymca v Shoreham under 23 game the other week? We arrived so early for that cup game 🤣

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Were you the guy who tapped on my car window to pay for the Horsham ymca v Shoreham under 23 game the other week? We arrived so early for that cup game 🤣
Nope not guilty, l generally only run the gate for 1st team matches, and only if the Albion aren't playing at home.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
3EB0BDE6-658F-440D-BD16-32DA858B144A.jpeg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Another incident I see, does however look like that Littlehampton dealt with it well, this does seem to be a almost Monthly event.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In regards in Midhurst and Easebourne above, they're still yert to play their last 32 Sussex Senior Cup tie against Eastbourne United and the semi final draw was yesterday.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Went with Lewes to Hornchurch yesterday, really decent game, both had plenty of chances and some cracking saves.
Pretty dull ground, running track, few small stands. Decent bar though and a solid crowd over 500 with maybe 40 odd lewes.

Golds23

Mar 5, 2023

Another incident I see, does however look like that Littlehampton dealt with it well, this does seem to be an almost Monthly event.

The small incident (verbals) during the game involved a set of away fans after a lad with his 3 year old son objected to the language they were using. It was dealt with properly in the space of 2mins by the stewarding team Littlehampton have in place and everyone involved shared a drink together and got on fine as the game went on. None of the contingent that have caused issues at a few away games were present at the game and haven’t been for 99% of home games this season. The atmosphere second half was the best we have seen at the Sportsfield this season with both sets of fans making noise for their team.

The game itself Haywards Heath will probably feel they should have put the game to bed early in the second half missing 2 great chances. After those chances Littlehampton made 2 changes and then dominated the rest of the match turning the game round to run out 3-2 winners

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Two non league games this weekend. Firstly a trip to Havant to watch Moneyfields take on Brockenhurst at Havant’s ground on Friday night which saw the home side win a 6-2 goalfest, plenty of goals in that division.

View attachment 157658

Then on Saturday I enjoyed a decent game down at Whitehawk as the Hawks took on Sheppey United and performed a well ground out 2-0 victory over the Kentish side. Including a fantastic Volley from Rob O’Toole to put them in front.

View attachment 157659

Let’s just say some of the old Withdean seats are falling to pieces.

View attachment 157661

A few new grounds this week, Rush Green Tomorrow for our U21s, then Fleetlands hopefully on Wednesday night, with Stoke away sandwiched between. 157 Games already this season.
Haha some of the old Withdean seats were falling apart when they were still at Withdean!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well the big local derby at Gorings Mead on Saturday, YMCA v. Broadbridge Heath, ended in a narrow 1-0 victory for the visitors.,something of an achievement for the home side in only going down by one solitary goal, as we have endured a few heavy defeats of late.

I say "big" local derby, that's because we don't count that lot who play over at Hop Oast!

Oh and the attendance? . . . a MASSIVE 117.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Great game today , Hampton and Richmond beat Chelmsford City , CC went down to 10 men early on , two saved penalties and both really good saves , Hampton went 2-0 up CC coming back into the game , 2-1 , Hampton managed to hold on just ! The bar had no bitter so went straight to the pub to watch England get stuffed at rugby

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Lewes beat a very decent Enfield Town 1-0 thanks to a very good Deon Moore goal. Not a lot of action, Enfield are solid and well drilled with not a lot going forward.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was at Crowborough yesterday to witness Horsham YMCA's latest defeat, our sixth on the bounce, this time by 2-0. Not too bad you might say, but in reality it could have been a hatful as the home side missed chance after chance, with YM defending stoutly but offering precisely nothing up front.

In almost an act of desperation Dean Carden YM's manager decided to play himself from the start, he didn't make the 90 minutes though, being sent off before the end for receiving two yellow cards.

We are sliding down the table alarmingly, thank the Lord for Roffey and Alford, both adrift at the bottom of the table, or we could be in serious trouble of relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here