[Politics] The NHS and funding

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

H P 66

Mar 8, 2017
No, the NHS should not be dragged in to charging for services. How long before those with more cash say I'm not prepared to wait 2 hours to have a thumb stitched up when people with little or no money have injuries that require more urgent or complicated treatment ? then you end up with a triage nurse who has to complicate priorities based on medical AND financial circumstances.

I would like to see a small percentage of everyone's tax/NI contributions highlighted on everyone's pay slip as being the amount of money an individual contributes to the NHS monthly. Then I think we will all have a better sense of pride and feel part of the NHS.

How do you gauge if Self employed / Not working - No pay slip

Needs to be free at point but to much waste of time / money

No easy answer

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
This is what happens when you let privatised medicine rule the roost - tomorrows main headline in the newspapers in Ireland - patients sleeping on the floor in a psychiatric unit in Waterford hospital because of overcrowding.

In other news - the policies of the Irish Tories have resulted in homeless shelters at capacity because of homeless numbers continuing to climb - children eating their food from a piece of cardboard while sitting on the side of the street outside a charity 'soup kitchen'

image.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
More importantly how’s your thumb doing?! Ouch, sounded very painful and wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I can't believe that the Tories are using this new American Cystic fibrosis drug as a soundbite for their protection of the NHS under their government.
It's great that we have got it and it seems at a decent price but I smell a very smelly rat here, the timing is too close to an election.
Let's call it a loss leader from secret talks, we can use it to prove that we can do deals with America then when the British mugs all fall for it and we win the election we will open the back gate and let you in.
There is definitely something going on between Johnson, Trump and the American pharmaceutical companies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Indeed. It is kept 'a bit shit' so that those who have the money and feel compelled can go elsewhere.

And don't start me on admin. Since we started counting beans in the early 80s we have spent far more money on bean counting and employing vast numbers of people to work out how to manage it all more efficiently.....in triplicate.....that it is a wonder that anything ever gets actually ****ing done at all. Deliberate.

The tories are always going on about cutting red tape (most of which comes 'from the EU') and yet sets up bean counting in the NHS and my (HEA) sector to the point that we spend half out time counting, managing, declaring and maximising our beans, and squeezing in doing our actual ****ing jobs when time permits

It is a deliberate strategy to destroy Nationalised organisations. Fact. And this time I mean it. Fact. **** the tories. **** Boris. **** compromising with the electorate. We need change. He may be a beardy weirdy but I'm lending my enormous opinion to Team Corbyn. **** off Prancing Ninny 'football genious' plum. Your relentless tory rimming has failed. Wash your mouth out and **** off. **** off The Daily Mail. **** of Russia. **** off Trump. **** off Cliff Richard. **** Off Joan Collins and your bingo wings. **** off the lot of you. My vote is going RED.

Sorry, I think I just weed myself :lolol:

I loved being asked by bean counters and unnecessary levels of management of ideas how to save money......

Not so much a problem these days but outside consultancies are often a ridiculous waste of money.

One came in and asked the staff what the major problems are. I remember saying well we haven't got a system the does X because the business has failed to invest in one. This is a false economy because we are spending more in staff hours to do it manually that the system would cost.

When the report came out, my recommendation was included almost word for word as were everyone else's.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I actually think it was necessary at the time from a capacity perspective.

I didn’t think the Tories, Labour or any party will ‘sell’ the NHS, it’s simply too much of a vote loser.

Corbyn naturally will spin it that Tories will, in the same way the Tories will blame him for Brexit etc......

Just paving the way for negative campaigning by all parties and little positivity.

I’ve already had enough....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact is a lot of the NHS has been sold off, private hospitals provide treatments funded by the NHS services in our area such as providing of living adaptations in paitents homes has been outsorced and the service is poorer for it

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Charging will just increase bureaucracy and therefore also the cost of deliverying the service , something that I thought Tories and free marketeers want to reduce. The NHS is the most efficient provider of healthcare in the world, but this is something we’re not supposed to know.

I assume that you have not had real experience of others, or then you might just like to retract that unsubstantiated throw-away statement.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Indeed. It is kept 'a bit shit' so that those who have the money and feel compelled can go elsewhere.

And don't start me on admin. Since we started counting beans in the early 80s we have spent far more money on bean counting and employing vast numbers of people to work out how to manage it all more efficiently.....in triplicate.....that it is a wonder that anything ever gets actually ****ing done at all. Deliberate.

The tories are always going on about cutting red tape (most of which comes 'from the EU') and yet sets up bean counting in the NHS and my (HEA) sector to the point that we spend half out time counting, managing, declaring and maximising our beans, and squeezing in doing our actual ****ing jobs when time permits

It is a deliberate strategy to destroy Nationalised organisations. Fact. And this time I mean it. Fact. **** the tories. **** Boris. **** compromising with the electorate. We need change. He may be a beardy weirdy but I'm lending my enormous opinion to Team Corbyn. **** off Prancing Ninny 'football genious' plum. Your relentless tory rimming has failed. Wash your mouth out and **** off. **** off The Daily Mail. **** of Russia. **** off Trump. **** off Cliff Richard. **** Off Joan Collins and your bingo wings. **** off the lot of you. My vote is going RED.

Looks like two of my biggest fans on NSC both have drink problems, get well soon .... oops I forgot you won't be reading this :wink:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Blimey Harry, having read a few of your recent posts, you seem to have become exceedingly red in tooth and claw.
Bet you were in demand over the Halloween period.
Truly scary!:mad:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Blimey Harry, having read a few of your recent posts, you seem to have become exceedingly red in tooth and claw.

He'll be easy to spot at the Norwich game, wearing the same shirt as Ernest ..

71V4KPsBtAL._UX342_.jpg

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You could always substantiate a counter post with your experience?

OK, I have mentioned this on various threads for so long that I didn't really want to bother again, but accept your point. I was in Germany for 24 years and believe me, the experience of their system was so much better. Perhaps I should also say that it costs a lot more and if we brits are prepared to pay a great deal more, then the NHS would presumably be better. I say presumably, because in Germany most folk are privately insured, and the companies have a vested interest in ensuring value for money, whereas a large nationalised system involves spending somebody else's cash, and then you are less likely to get value for money, life being as it is.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
OK, I have mentioned this on various threads for so long that I didn't really want to bother again, but accept your point. I was in Germany for 24 years and believe me, the experience of their system was so much better. Perhaps I should also say that it costs a lot more and if we brits are prepared to pay a great deal more, then the NHS would presumably be better. I say presumably, because in Germany most folk are privately insured, and the companies have a vested interest in ensuring value for money, whereas a large nationalised system involves spending somebody else's cash, and then you are less likely to get value for money, life being as it is.

So that doesn't really counter the point because you are saying that the German system operates on a far higher budget per capita than the NHS does. That could point toward the NHS doing better with less which is what the point was about efficiency wasn't it?

88% of Germans are part of the public system of health cover, 12% private. So have no idea where you have got your figures from?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The fact is a lot of the NHS has been sold off, private hospitals provide treatments funded by the NHS services in our area such as providing of living adaptations in paitents homes has been outsorced and the service is poorer for it

But the fact is that a lot of that is due to maintaining waiting lists which in fact is necessary.

If there aren’t sufficient staff to run a service, why make patients suffer.

Now if you were to say their outcomes are worse that is a different issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Getting fed up with the hard Brexit nonsense, and the party that made it all happen. Time they were punished, even if it means having beardy weirdy in charge for a bit.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here