Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The next Tottenham manager

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Top news story on the BBC :lolol: So desperate for clicks, BBC are basically a glorified, public sponsored tabloid now.

F209104A-2834-4926-BD1B-C732A556DFFE.jpeg

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Brighton manager De Zerbi on his future at the club after reports linked him with a move to Tottenham: "I have a long contract with Brighton and I'm happy to work here.

"I enjoy working with these players, I'm delighted with their performance. I can't ask for more, it's a good moment in my life."

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Doesn't PB know Daniel Levy quite well, so he would know there would be no point going after RDZ at this time. I am sure it is just nonesense.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Brighton manager De Zerbi on his future at the club after reports linked him with a move to Tottenham: "I have a long contract with Brighton and I'm happy to work here.

"I enjoy working with these players, I'm delighted with their performance. I can't ask for more, it's a good moment in my life."
Expect him to say nothing else. Very respectful. A nice guy but if his salary is doubled? Anyway, we have a succession plan. And Big Sam is available…

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

oh crap. now all we need is the club to issue statement assuring he's staying.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
De Zerbi’s style has Tottenham written all over it :down:
What, dour, miserable attritional football with no ambition to win anything? Doesn't sound like De Zerbi's style at all

Also, (not directed at you Icy) I thought Naylor said De Zerbi had a £13m release clause in his contract?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’d be very surprised. AC Milan, Barca… maybe. Spurs would be a strange one for him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What, dour, miserable attritional football with no ambition to win anything? Doesn't sound like De Zerbi's style at all

Also, (not directed at you Icy) I thought Naylor said De Zerbi had a £13m release clause in his contract?
You must be young! :lolol:

Spurs have a history of very attractive attacking football, it’s only recently they have turned to attritional football

I’m sure Barber would give RDZ a very good reference too :wink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Spurs have a history of very attractive attacking football, it’s only recently they have turned to attritional football
Until about now every season, whereupon they turn into a shambles.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You must be young! :lolol:

I’m sure Barber would give RDZ a very good reference too :wink:
:ROFLMAO: I'll take the compliment. Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just that almost all of their recent managers have a reputation for being purveyors of pretty grim football... Pochettino (dull), Mourinho (dull), Nuno (dull), Conte (dull)... I can't remember them being genuinely exciting since Bale's time and before that it was probably the Ginola/Klinsmann era

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
:ROFLMAO: I'll take the compliment. Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just that almost all of their recent managers have a reputation for being purveyors of pretty grim football... Pochettino (dull), Mourinho (dull), Nuno (dull), Conte (dull)... I can't remember them being genuinely exciting since Bale's time and before that it was probably the Ginola/Klinsmann era
Indeed. I know they have a reputation for playing attack-minded football and that may well have been the case a long, long time ago but for the 20 years I've watched Premier League they've played defensive, counter-attack football for most of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here