Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The most important result of the season so far

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I know we have had bigger more glamorous wins this season but I think that is the most important result of the season so far for us:

1. In seasons gone by we would have been caught with a sucker punch on the counter attack and lost or been held to a frustrating 0-0 (as has already happened this season)

2. We were missing four absolutely certain starters, arguably five with the form of Ferguson and yet still got the win. It showed in a disjointed performance but we still ground out a late win.

3. We have a very youthful bench who came on and impacted the game.

4. There will be many teams between now and the end of the season who will come to the Amex and park the bus. The confidence this late win will give us to keep going and break them down is absolutely massive. It just simply hasn’t happened hardly at all in recent years.

5. We are now creating a small gap between us and the big hitters before us and putting pressure on spurs.

All in all a massive win when not at our best.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Agree. Huge to get that win with Ferguson, Lallana and MacA out and Caicedo on the bench. Really didn't feel like we'd get a winner - I'd given up hope to be honest.
Great stuff - can't beat a last minute winner!!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Agree. Huge to get that win with Ferguson, Lallana and MacA out and Caicedo on the bench. Really didn't feel like we'd get a winner - I'd given up hope to be honest.
Great stuff - can't beat a last minute winner!!
87 minute but it felt as dramatic.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
It's all coming together. The thing is as we won today and are going so well in the league I guess that means next week's result will become the most important result of the season. Who we playing again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here