Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Moose"

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Do love GP but I wish he wouldn't big the opposition up quite as much. No doubt Watford will be hard to beat but I reckon he starts to believe they are bloody world beaters.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do love GP but I wish he wouldn't big the opposition up quite as much. No doubt Watford will be hard to beat but I reckon he starts to believe they are bloody world beaters.

But but these are a good team

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The article about Ashworth in today’s Argus where Potter was saying he understood why Ashworth left worried me a little. If the right offer comes along I can see GP binning his long term plan here :down:

There could come a time when he is too good for a “team like Brighton” imo

Potter added: “As you can imagine I had lots of calls with Dan, lots of conversations with him.

“I understood his situation.

“I think it was a really tough decision for him.

“He has got his family, he has got his reasons.

“Then you have to respect Dan is a grown man, he is a very intelligent man.

“He understands what he has got here.

“At the same time he has got another opportunity so you have to respect that in life.

“I respect Dan, I respect what he has done for the club, I respect his decision.

I dont think you should read too much into that... what did you expect him to say, "Dan Ashworth is a ****ing moron for choosing Newcastle! Iv'e lost all my respect for him!"

Would never do that (not that I think he was lying - I also understand DAs decision, no grudges).

But they are two different people in different situations. Technical Directors usually sit for a lot longer than head coaches and there will be far between the opportunities to get a job like this (fantastic resources to work with and a massive pay increase to secure the future of everyone in your family). GP can sit calmly in the boat and wait for some opportunity in a top 4 or possibly top 6 club.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Strutting his sartorial elegance in search of pies yesterday.

Moose.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here