Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Milk cup -

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
or whatever it's called now. I'm bloody glad we're not in it. I genuinely think it might work in our advantage. I'm watching Leeds giving it their all. I'm glad our players are watching at home and not getting injured/knackered/distracted. It's all about the league for me

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Its time to let it go or completely re-vamp it (somehow) when league one teams change their squad for it and the stadiums are a quarter full the writing is on the wall.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cup needs a major revamp. A chance for the fringe players to earn their wages and for the first teamers to rest their hamstrings.

Razak playing alongside Tevez.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Was it not this time last season that we played Liverpool in the same Micky mouse cup.The biggest crowd at the Amex last season I believe.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Was it not this time last season that we played Liverpool in the same Micky mouse cup.The biggest crowd at the Amex last season I believe.

I know it's great how the club has moved on isn't it?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
or whatever it's called now. I'm bloody glad we're not in it. I genuinely think it might work in our advantage. I'm watching Leeds giving it their all. I'm glad our players are watching at home and not getting injured/knackered/distracted. It's all about the league for me

Leeds play there next round a couple of days before our televised match with them. Lets hope they get another big team in the draw..

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I went to Crawley v Swansea tonight and it was a really good cup tie. Extra time would have been fair but Crawley's players were absolutely shattered from chasing the ball most of the game with the Swans playing some slick football but I think they'll get relegated - losing players of the quality of Scott Sinclair, Joe Allen, Sigurdsson and not replacing that talent will make it a long hard season for them.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Swans playing some slick football but I think they'll get relegated - losing players of the quality of Scott Sinclair, Joe Allen, Sigurdsson and not replacing that talent will make it a long hard season for them.

Replacing them with players such as Michu (who's scored in every game this season except one, and he's not even a striker) Pablo Hernandez and De Guzman. They've still got the quality of Nathan Dyer, Danny Graham, Leon Britton and Michel Vorm.

Top half this season I predict, they had a hard game against an inform Everton side and played a weak team today and to be fair Crawley are a hard team to beat.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Leeds play there next round a couple of days before our televised match with them. Lets hope they get another big team in the draw..

Hopefully sky will do to Leeds what they did to us last season when they made us play Liverpool on the Wednesday and Leeds on the Friday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a shit cup. A tiny notch above the paint pot thing

Yeah I really HATED beating Sunderland and running Liverpool close, shit days. Thank God we got totally humilated by Swindon and don't have to partake in such a micky mouse cup.

Actually I am quite pleased that we are out. I think the distraction of the cup and so many high profile televised games in a short time helped derail our season for a while last year. It's all about the league again this season as it was in League 1, annoyed though I was back then at Gus' disinterest in cups, I'm now quite happy to forego a cup run as it gives us a better chance of promotion... I think.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Good spot, Chelsea at home would be perfect, they'd be forced to put out their strongest for that

Given the way we've played this season can only think that we threw that game at Swindon, even though it didn't feel like it at the time

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Good to see Leeds and Boro progress. 2 of our promotion rivals with extra games to play. We could probably do with an early exit in the FA cup as well.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Good spot, Chelsea at home would be perfect, they'd be forced to put out their strongest for that

Given the way we've played this season can only think that we threw that game at Swindon, even though it didn't feel like it at the time

If United beat Newcastle tonight they'd be the ideal draw. The Leeds fans wouldn't accept anything less than a full team and 100% commitment in that game, regardless of playing us a few days later

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If United beat Newcastle tonight they'd be the ideal draw. The Leeds fans wouldn't accept anything less than a full team and 100% commitment in that game, regardless of playing us a few days later

Y, even better, add a bit of extra time too

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
With the squad we have now, I believe we would cope with the demands a lot better than last season. Top players such as Calderon, Dunk, Lopez, Crofts, Lua Lua, Vicente & Dobbie haven't featured very much if at all recently. You add to that other reserve players such as Ankeregan, Painter, Sparrow & Adgestein and you would get a pretty good eleven from that. Plus the opportunity to use some of the development squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here