Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Match of the Day 21/08/21 thread

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
It was my understanding MOTD was producing a special one-off programme to celebrate and express its awe at the return of a ‘packed, boisterous Elland Road’ as it continues its obsession with the passion and loyalty of the faithful Leeds/Newcastle/Liverpool fanbase.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There was an Independent article this week (can't be bothered to link to what used to be a very good newspaper) slagging off MOTD for being out of date. Having paid for a Sky subscription last season, I can only think the writer was pitching for a job there. Sky's football coverage is easily the worst. The obsession with focusing on names in the crowd, whilst the game is in play, dated coverage and top 6 obsession, makes it easy for MOTD to look good by comparison in my opinion.

However I think the Man City game should have been way down the playlist. Like our game it had its moments but was too one sided, to spend too much time on.

I do really like the Newcastle away kit, a really nice effort by a niche British manufacturer, but a black away kit, how does that even work?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Hear the Drummer Get Wicked.

WATCH THE ####ing game.

Drummer.JPG

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There was an Independent article this week (can't be bothered to link to what used to be a very good newspaper) slagging off MOTD for being out of date. Having paid for a Sky subscription last season, I can only think the writer was pitching for a job there. Sky's football coverage is easily the worst. The obsession with focusing on names in the crowd, whilst the game is in play, dated coverage and top 6 obsession, makes it easy for MOTD to look good by comparison in my opinion.

However I think the Man City game should have been way down the playlist. Like our game it had its moments but was too one sided, to spend too much time on.

I do really like the Newcastle away kit, a really nice effort by a niche British manufacturer, but a black away kit, how does that even work?

Read the article, was linked on here somewhere. Made some valid points but aside from that, was just usual journo controversy.

Like Neville's analysis on Sky. Much better than any on MOTD but to do such analysis they'd have to make it an hour longer which I wouldn't mind, if it was a decent analysis.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So, is Bielsa ever going to learn to speak English, or is he just pissing off the media?

:shrug:

Apparently he speaks pretty good English. Enough to be understood by the players and others. Just part of his 'quirks' (wierdness)

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
So, is Bielsa ever going to learn to speak English, or is he just pissing off the media?

:shrug:

Well he has no trouble asking for more gravy in the harvester, the problem is he sounds a bit Scottish so it's best for all his little hobbit friend with the best job in the world continues to churn out the monotonous answers football managers have crafted so well to answer the monotonous questions.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Koop not happy about some of the Burnley challenges. I thought they looked tame compared to our game against them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not really the same, Pochettino soon learnt English when he moved to Spurs, haven't heard this bloke speak one word of English yet, and he's been here how long?

When Pochettino was at Southampton he always did interviews in Spanish via an interpreter even though his players said he spoke perfect English every day in training

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
It is one thing speaking Enlish in a restaurant. It is completely different to a press that is ready to pick apart and find fault in everything you say. He is very exact how he wants what he is saying to be understood correctly.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not really the same, Pochettino soon learnt English when he moved to Spurs, haven't heard this bloke speak one word of English yet, and he's been here how long?

I can remember Pocchetino on at least two occasions correcting the Translator.

And then he developed very good English very quickly when he went to Tottenham.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here