Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Masters (golf)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Wonderful spectacle

Untouched,in the main by money & technology (I know,the clubs are so much better now)

I can see play off tonight

The Japanese fella will play defensive and shoot par at best

The pack have to attack and one of them will probably shoot 66/67

Hopefully Rose or Conners

More than likely Spieth

Any other scenarios out there?

It is a great spectacle but technology has turned golf into a totally different game now from the game I started off playing 45 years ago. Most traditional golf courses are far too short and easy for these guys, especially somewhere like St Andrews whose only defence now is the weather. They have lengthened Augusta significantly and have to trick up the greens to stop the winning score being in the mid 20's under par. There are some magnificent golf courses that pro tournaments used to be played at (Sunningdale for example) which cannot cope with the modern game. It is not just the clubs that have changed but ball technology has made an enormous difference and with that arse Bryson trying to smash it 400 yards off the tee, I am not entirely sure where the game is heading. Ah well, it is what it is.

Matsuyama is desperately trying to give this tournament away.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A couple of brainless shots and 2 outrageous flukes on the 15th, with his wayward drive clonking off a tree back into play, and his approach flying left landing on the bank JUST in front of the azalias. Then there was that one he flew long into the water.

So Matsuyama rode his luck, but also rescued himself with some incredible short play with his up & downs over this last couple of days. Just about held his nerve when it mattered. And brought home my e/w.

*clicks heels*

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On Sky Sports they’re showing live a USPGA tournament from Texas, the players performing in relentless heavy rain, a small army of groundsmen clearing greens with squeegies before each putt. Now lightning. Dangerous for players and supporters.

Can’t recall worse conditions, away from coastal gales at some British Opens.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
On Sky Sports they’re showing live a USPGA tournament from Texas, the players performing in relentless heavy rain, a small army of groundsmen clearing greens with squeegies before each putt. Now lightning. Dangerous for players and supporters.

The days of keeping a set of waterproofs in your bag seem to have gone:lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bollocks. Had the same at Cranleigh yesterday minus the flunkies clearing the water with squeegies for us :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here