Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Management Team / Coaching staff

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I think the reason everyone was so pumped was that it was a far from ideal scenario but we still managed to do the job. I think RDZ said post match it was one of his best games in charge of the club.

From a footballing quality point of view that was clearly not the case imo, but with Ali Mac, Lallana, Colwill and Ferguson, all of whom are starters for us, out, alongside the fact that Caicedo presumably wasn't ready for 90 mins, it was a superb victory.

As well as the absentees, Bournemouth's timewasting, low block tactics made for a frustrating game which I don't think we'd have found a way to win in previous seasons.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else see them go absolutely bananas at the end yesterday. Proper big huddle and pile-on and chest bumping session.

There was something about getting that result that seemed especially important and specific to them as De Zerbi was going mad as well.
Marvellous scenes. There's a new and special club spirit building here, from top to bottom. RDZ has re-invigorated the whole place, without sucking through his teeth even once :bowdown:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Anyone else see them go absolutely bananas at the end yesterday. Proper big huddle and pile-on and chest bumping session.

There was something about getting that result that seemed especially important and specific to them as De Zerbi was going mad as well.
Maybe it was because we eked out a result that showed a bit of depth to the squad. Far from our best line-up and began to run out of ideas but the introduction of some hungry, talented youngsters helped give us the crucial edge. Type of game we must win to be in European contention so a massive 3 points.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Agree with much of what’s been said. It’ll have been one of Bloom’s key directives (to RDZ) to help this side reach the next step of its evolution - finding a way past the low block stifling sides who come for a point, regardless of how and when we do it.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Did they also do that when we scored?

Some, not me, would say it was disrespectful to Bmuff's staff. It's silly when people create that nonsense ethic. Give me an Albion bench going bananas any time.
I didn't notice when we scored. De Zerbi definitely went mad. Only noticed the staff doing it at the end as the all came together and were in a huddle and bouncing and pulling each other around like defensive linemen do in American football when they smash a wide receiver or intercept the ball. Then de zerbi came over and jumped on the top of them.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I remember reading that De Zerbi was approached to become the Bounmouth manager but he turned them down as the owner at the time was Russian. I don't know how true it was.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Looks like the coaching staff went out after the game...
Screenshot_20230205-180810~2.png

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
As others have already said:

1. Far from our first choice lineup starting.

2. A game that previously we would have lost.

The fact that we’re now overcoming the teams that set up to frustrate us is a clear sign of progress, and the coaching team won’t be oblivious to that.

Love this club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I noticed it too. They were all going crazy. Clearly this result meant a lot to them all. A marker of change by beating a team that defends in numbers and a game we most definitely would not have won under Potter.
This. All day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here