Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Late GREAT Tom Petty

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Well well, I must confess that I had missed the news that he was dead. I don't know how. Tom Petty was never a big favourite but there is no doubt of his influence and the stature he had in tne music world . RIP.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Steve Ferrone, the drummer in the Heartbreakers, comes from Brighton and - IIRC - wore a Seagulls hat when they played the half-time show at the Superbowl.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Steve Ferrone, the drummer in the Heartbreakers, comes from Brighton and - IIRC - wore a Seagulls hat when they played the half-time show at the Superbowl.

Always a big fan of Tom Petty (and Steve, who used to play regularly at the Cliftonville by Hove station, many years ago). He did indeed wear the hat, as is evidenced here

I only realised just how great he was, after he passed away.

Steve Ferrone was also playing drums on that and when asked where Prince's guitar goes at the end, replied that he had no idea, and he was sat behind him !

Prince hadn't rehearsed with them and simply said he would do 'something' on the night :lolol:

Last edited:

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
This is good:

And so is the documentary film Runnin' Down a Dream.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Always a big fan of Tom Petty (and Steve, who used to play regularly at the Cliftonville by Hove station, many years ago). He did indeed wear the hat, as is evidenced here

Steve Ferrone was also playing drums on that and when asked where Prince's guitar goes at the end, replied that he had no idea, and he was sat behind him !

Prince hadn't rehearsed with them and simply said he would do 'something' on the night :lolol:

I was pointed to that youtube clip by a mate. What a collection of geniuses on stage, honouring their friend the wonderfully talented George Harrison. I love TP’s vocals in it. I guessed that Prince’s performance was spontaneous. Away from his heavily produced (and immense) recording catalogue, I hadn’t realised that he was such a talent with the guitar.

A goosebumps performance by the lot.:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here