Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Hard Work Starts now!

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Busy and important summer ahead to prepare for next season which will be beautiful but also test us to our limits. Recruitment has to be good- Mac and Caicedo look certain to leave now. Joao Pedro will need to hit the ground running along with replacements for the 2 mentioned. We need to spend the cash and not do it on the cheap otherwise we will be in trouble. Keeping RDZ happy is a must. I’m sure he will be backed but I wouldn’t like to see him pissed off! Up the Albion and here’s to an intriguing summer

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More of the same sort of signings, probably more than before, plus one, perhaps two more real fizzers.

And sell Brighton, Sussex, the lifestyle, the weather and the ambition to the world.

Bring it on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Busy and important summer ahead to prepare for next season which will be beautiful but also test us to our limits. Recruitment has to be good- Mac and Caicedo look certain to leave now. Joao Pedro will need to hit the ground running along with replacements for the 2 mentioned. We need to spend the cash and not do it on the cheap otherwise we will be in trouble. Keeping RDZ happy is a must. I’m sure he will be backed but I wouldn’t like to see him pissed off! Up the Albion and here’s to an intriguing summer
Spend the cash yes - but spend it cheap (insofar as £20M is cheap), and cleverly; that is the whole ethos of the club, the way forward and the only way to sustainability.
Yes, we have money in the kitty from transfer sales - but there is a direct correlation between transfer fees and wages. Buy a £20-£25M player and they will expect, demand (and get somewhere else if we don't pay it) £40-£50K+ a week. Spend some of that Cucurella/White/Trossard (and yes, sadly and probably Mac Alister) money by all means - but buying £50-£60M players and you're looking at wage demands of £150K+ a week - fine and sustainable for nation states sports washing, but for the likes of us the carefully constructed model on which the club currently thrives will ultimately crash and burn, as have other clubs before (probably not playing in the PL any more either).

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Spend the cash yes - but spend it cheap (insofar as £20M is cheap), and cleverly; that is the whole ethos of the club, the way forward and the only way to sustainability.
Yes, we have money in the kitty from transfer sales - but there is a direct correlation between transfer fees and wages. Buy a £20-£25M player and they will expect, demand (and get somewhere else if we don't pay it) £40-£50K+ a week. Spend some of that Cucurella/White/Trossard (and yes, sadly and probably Mac Alister) money by all means - but buying £50-£60M players and you're looking at wage demands of £150K+ a week - fine and sustainable for nation states sports washing, but for the likes of us the carefully constructed model on which the club currently thrives will ultimately crash and burn, as have other clubs before (probably not playing in the PL any more either).
Makes a lot of sense how you’ve broken it down

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Keeping RDZ happy isn't the priority. Managers come and go and our recruitment is usually spot on, we stick to the plan and hope to keep RDZ as long as possible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely in order to keep RDZ for as long as possible you have to keep him happy?
If RDZ gets in a strop and sulks because the player(s) he wants will cost £50-£60M each, and we won't sanction such expenditure, then it's hello Tony Bloom and Paul Barber, goodbye RDZ. He's been brought in to manage the club within set parameters, not to chuck those parameters out of the window.
Hopefully the crunch never comes, of course, but inevitably he will leave us eventually.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
One thing's for sure - pre-season could be season defining!

On a serious note, I have confidence that the club have some decent targets lined up, with RDZ having a big say in recruitment. Despite Ali Mac and Moises both looking to be on their way, we have some serious talent in the squad as it is, with some of the newer intake building in confidence and ability with the guidance of RDZ. Undav for example seems to be transformed as a player, and has gone from someone who looked a bit laboured and lost, to really enjoying his game. As does Enciso now - he always seems very happy. Lovely to see.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Surely in order to keep RDZ for as long as possible you have to keep him happy?
We could buy 3 RDZ players this summer at £30m+ each and then in November he leaves for another club. Our recruitment has to ensure that players are the right skillset, age and potential resale value in 3 years time. If RDZ likes any of those identified that is also a bonus.

We have a squad full of players each signed for less than £10m. Estupinan being a rare exception

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
We could buy 3 RDZ players this summer at £30m+ each and then in November he leaves for another club. Our recruitment has to ensure that players are the right skillset, age and potential resale value in 3 years time. If RDZ likes any of those identified that is also a bonus.

We have a squad full of players each signed for less than £10m. Estupinan being a rare exception
I agree that would be a sensible approach

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If RDZ gets in a strop and sulks because the player(s) he wants will cost £50-£60M each, and we won't sanction such expenditure, then it's hello Tony Bloom and Paul Barber, goodbye RDZ. He's been brought in to manage the club within set parameters, not to chuck those parameters out of the window.
Hopefully the crunch never comes, of course, but inevitably he will leave us eventually.
Indeed. And given he is apparently sanguine about losing Mac and Moises, and stated months ago that Mudryk is not for us, the chances of him doing a Poyet seem slim.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Indeed. And given he is apparently sanguine about losing Mac and Moises, and stated months ago that Mudryk is not for us, the chances of him doing a Poyet seem slim.
I don't think he would jump ship over players leaving. The nature of any business is that the personnel is fluid yet the project and the overall aims are the consistent approach.

RDZ has a winning mentality and may get tempted away by a more attractive offer at some point. Creating the best group of players is the key

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think he would jump ship over players leaving. The nature of any business is that the personnel is fluid yet the project and the overall aims are the consistent approach.

RDZ has a winning mentality and may get tempted away by a more attractive offer at some point. Creating the best group of players is the key
Yes. I can see him leaving for Liverpool if Clippety loses his way. I don't know how the land lies in Italy, and I can't see Barcelona or a Madrid going for him. He is ambitious so it would have to be a club with tangibly better prospects of winning trophies. It would be easy to up his salary going to Everton or Wolves but what would be the point? In the meantime he can work our players and the new recruits and make a massive name for himself. That's what I would do in his place, but there again, I am a little peculiar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here