Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Grand Tour - A Scandi Flick

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apologies if already mentioned but I watched this last night and thought it was brilliant. Yes lots of contrived japes and stunts, and a couple that were quite terrifying and not sure how "staged" they could have been. Very watchable and amusing imo, one of the best.

Anyone else seen it?

Thoughts? (other than Clarkson is a cock, which I don't agree with :smile:)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yeah - watched it a little while back.

I know many won't like it for a variety of reasons - the personalities, it's too predictable/contrived/scripted etc but I find their stuff a good easy watch.

By way of coincidence, YouTube suggsested this to me just last night, which is a nice little follow-up...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think it's their finest special in the Grand Tour era. I thought it was brilliant from the concept to the delivery. They say themselves that the James May crash played a big part in it - you can have your ideas but you never know what the real narrative of the adventure is going to be, but the crash gave them a clear narrative and it was amazing to see how James was able to fix it and keep it running (albeit not in any way shape or form road legal!).

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Quite fun, but read a couple of articles on the planned driving through the ice of James May which apparently took 3 days to get right and 2 atempts.

Contrived but fun if grown men behaving like kids is your thing. And yes, I did enjoy it. Clarkson's farm is also a good watch.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Quite fun, but read a couple of articles on the planned driving through the ice of James May which apparently took 3 days to get right and 2 atempts.

Contrived but fun if grown men behaving like kids is your thing. And yes, I did enjoy it. Clarkson's farm is also a good watch.
Can you link an article talking about that being deliberate? Doesn't seem fair criticism to me, how can you plan to drive through ice?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here