Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Europa League - how confident are you?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The Aviva holds 52K, and last year each team got approx a quarter of the tickets to distribute to their supporters. Assuming similar this year, that means around 13K tickets. I know Dublin isn't that far, but given that it involves either a flight or a ferry (plus a not insiginificant drive) and probably an overnight stay, I'd predict that most STHs that wanted a ticket would get a ticket. Personally, if I was optimistic enough to think we'll reach the final (I'm not) I'd be more inclined to sort my flights now than worry about tickets.

Interestingly, I just had a look at Skyscanner for prices. Gatwick to Dublin on the day of the final and returning the day after is about £100 return. Cheapest Liverpool to Dublin on the same day is £243. Those scousers are obviously far more confident than West Ham and Brighton fans!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Been plenty of silly fucks blown far more of their family budget that they could ill-afford to spend on the European Tour already. Why encourage them further into debt? ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Confident'ish - It all depends on the luck of the draw, I can see us making the semis' then anything can happen.

Penalties is what I would be afraid of, what a horrible way to go out, especially when you have skin in the game.
England don't count, we just expect us to lose.
I do not fear any team in the competition, I fear injuries, bad refs and VAR

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Aviva holds 52K, and last year each team got approx a quarter of the tickets to distribute to their supporters. Assuming similar this year, that means around 13K tickets. I know Dublin isn't that far, but given that it involves either a flight or a ferry (plus a not insiginificant drive) and probably an overnight stay, I'd predict that most STHs that wanted a ticket would get a ticket. Personally, if I was optimistic enough to think we'll reach the final (I'm not) I'd be more inclined to sort my flights now than worry about tickets.

Interestingly, I just had a look at Skyscanner for prices. Gatwick to Dublin on the day of the final and returning the day after is about £100 return. Cheapest Liverpool to Dublin on the same day is £243. Those scousers are obviously far more confident than West Ham and Brighton fans!
Fly over, stay up on the lash all night celebrating the win, early Irish Brekkie and then fly back. Accommodation problem solved :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fly over, stay up on the lash all night celebrating the win, early Irish Brekkie and then fly back. Accommodation problem solved :smile:
Gutted I didn't do that in Athens, esp as we found a bar open till 4am.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
By the time we play the game we will hopefully have Encisco, Estupinan, Lamptey, Veltman,back and hopefully fit,i know something and that is if I were any other team in the draw I wouldn't want to be playing us,we have come though a really tough group stage improving in mentality and game management along the way,I think we could actually win the cup and finally have something to keep the community shield company.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very few European teams in the Europa league have bigger better squads than us.

Some more than decent squads in this lot? It’s the injuries that’s hurting us.

IMG_1263.png

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
The trouble is I have no idea how good the Non English sides are . When the draw was made we were told on NSC that Marseilles were rubbish but they gave us trouble home and away and nearly took top spot.. I'd fancy us to beat West Ham over 2 legs but not Liverpool.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think outside the English sides only 2 or 3 of the others would be anywhere close to the top half of the premier league. We have players returning in Jan/Feb and should be one of the strongest sides left in the competition.

We’d come across gamesmanship honed over decades, with certain clubs. They’d make Fulham and Villa look honest. It would be nice to swerve the Portuguese clubs, Villarreal and Roma.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More worried about accomodation. Prices just mental. Looking at booking an Air b'n'b that I can cancel.
Why not book a place to stay 30-40 miles from Dublin? Hire a car (or take your own). Book some parking somewhere vaguely near the stadium. Job done.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I can't see the T&Cs anywhere there, but are such corporate tickets transferable?

€690 is a lot of money, but for somebody who feels they wouldn't have any chance of having the points to buy a ticket through the Albion, I think it MIGHT be worth buying a couple of these, IF it is permissible to sell them on. Whilst the odds of the Albion getting to the final are slim, there's little risk if you can sell them on to Liverpool / West Ham / AC Milan fans, otherwise.
The T&Cs say that they are not transferable, not anything about how that would be checked though …

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here