Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The end of an era

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I wish I could but I just can't see where the love for Solly comes from.

TBH I can't even see another Premier League side coming in for him.

I so wish that weren't the case
Some of our fans think he’s still a kid we’ve picked up from local side Lewis, he’s not he’s 25 and we all know what he’s going to offer every season...very little.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
March has a future here as a wing back, a position in which he has done well. But he lacks the confidence to take men on further forward, and his shooting is woeful.

Had really big hopes a couple of years ago for him, just hasn't moved on till the next level. Would be sad if he went, a local lad is always nice to have these days

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
solly has such poor finishing in my opinion - gets in all the right places, but the skill level to have the killer pass and shot consistently has never been there i'm afraid

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wish I could but I just can't see where the love for Solly comes from.

TBH I can't even see another Premier League side coming in for him.

I so wish that weren't the case

Interesting... bit of hypocrisy here, no? You were giving posters here grief for being critical of a player.

Well look at this.

How dare you insult Solly, I’m “offended”! why do you have an agenda against him? Are you a real fan?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting... bit of hypocrisy here, no? You were giving posters here grief for being critical of a player.

Well look at this.

How dare you insult Solly, I’m “offended”! why do you have an agenda against him? Are you a real fan?

I'm hardly sticking the boot in, jumping on a mistake just to push my agenda or ignoring weeks and weeks of positivity to now say 'get rid'.
TBH I'm wincing a little from Justice's reply despite knowing, in the back of my mind, I tend to agree.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Had really big hopes a couple of years ago for him, just hasn't moved on till the next level. Would be sad if he went, a local lad is always nice to have these days

Honestly believe everyone was willing him to have belief in his own talent but unfortunately he has constantly failed to do that. To me he at times has deliberately hidden behind defenders rendering himself in no position to receive the ball. He fails to grasp situations and often, too often, makes the wrong decision when in possession. All of that has nothing to do with ability, but belief in himself and that can appear as someone who couldn't be bothered. His persona is poor. It's a real shame as there's a talented footballer inside. A change of club may be best all round.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Sums it up perfectly for me.

I so wanted Solly to realise the potential we all thought he had three or four years ago but he has just never made it. He would have no problems in a top Champioship team but sadly, and regrettably, he just never developed into a PL player. He isn't the first and certainly won't be the last but I do wish him well whatever his future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here