Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Eagle & The Seagull - a play!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
https://thebridgehousetheatre.co.uk/shows/the-eagle-the-seagull/

An actual theatre play about our rivalry with the scum.

'
From the team that brought you last year's award nominated, The Man In The Shed, comes a brand new play.

After a violent incident on a train, two England football fans who were on their way to an international match find themselves thrown together in a Spanish police cell. The fans quickly find out that one of them supports Brighton, and the other supports Crystal Palace, two teams with a bizarre and intense rivalry between them.

Despite being in another country and both wearing England shirts, their home team prejudices are still at large. The police try to find out what happened on the train, the temperature in the cell keeps rising, and the two football fans undertake a funny yet dark exploration of identity, belonging, personal history and pointless animosity. Can their time locked up together help them form an aviary alliance, or are these prison birds destined to be pecking each other's eyes out forever?

This 60 minute comedy about football, rivalry, classism and tribalism will have you laughing out loud whilst all the while questioning your own preconceptions.

The Eagle & The Seagull premieres at The Bridge House before going on to The Brighton Fringe Festival.

Last edited:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
https://thebridgehousetheatre.co.uk/shows/the-eagle-the-seagull/

An actual theatre play about our rivalry with the scum.

'
From the team that brought you last year's award nominated, The Man In The Shed, comes a brand new play.

After a violent incident on a train, two England football fans who were on their way to an international match find themselves thrown together in a Spanish police cell. The fans quickly find out that one of them supports Brighton, and the other supports Crystal Palace, two teams with a bizarre and intense rivalry between them.

Despite being in another country and both wearing England shirts, their home team prejudices are still at large. The police try to find out what happened on the train, the temperature in the cell keeps rising, and the two football fans undertake a funny yet dark exploration of identity, belonging, personal history and pointless animosity. Can their time locked up together help them form an aviary alliance, or are these prison birds destined to be pecking each other's eyes out forever?

This 60 minute comedy about football, rivalry, classism and tribalism will have you laughing out loud whilst all the while questioning your own preconceptions.

The Eagle & The Seagull premieres at The Bridge House before going on to The Brighton Fringe Festival.
Really? Not a wind-up? I was at a resort in the south of France in 2002 and one day wore a "Brighton League 1 Champions" T-shirt around the pool. That evening an old granny of about 80 came up to me and said aggressively "you're Brighton aren't you". I agreed I was and she said pointing to her embarrassed looking sons and grandsons "well we're PALACE!!!". I just burst out laughing, said "congratulations" and offered to buy her a drink, but she went off sulking and giving me the evils for the next few days until they went...

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Just seen it in darkest Palace territory - closer to home for me. Well worth a visit when it comes to the fringe.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Could they not have just called it Seagle? To illustrate the closeness and mutual respect that we hold each other in? Oh, hang on….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here