Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The curious (hilarious?) case of Lewis Hall

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Off to Palace says fab Fab...

Chelsea commit him to a new 6-year deal to protect their young asset...

Chelsea now stumped for cash agree to sell him to Newcastle. Sorry Palace. Also: sorry Chelsea fans.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£30M all profit, great for FFP

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The mainstream media have given Chelsea a much easier time since Poch turned up. But this is probably them at their most doolally and money driven.
Hall was pretty much one of the only positives for them last year, a youth product, and is now joining a BETTER team.
The inevitable success is going to be very, very hollow. But the press and their supporters seem to be lapping it up.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
What on earth are those helmets playing at. Every now and again what they do has a vague semblance of a plan and then they do totally mad stuff like this. Good enough for Necastle but not Chelsea. Meanwhile they pay nearly 300m on players for the same position?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
One of those players I’ve seen on the team sheet during matches but feel like I’ve literally never seen him play, weird.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
The mainstream media have given Chelsea a much easier time since Poch turned up.
I 100% agree with that. They seem to have forgotten just what an absolute disaster last season was for Chelsea and are assuming it's all a return to normalcy. Champions League guaranteed.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
£30M all profit, great for FFP
Now listening to Sky Sports News on YouTube, it seems they have actually loaned Hall to Newcastle with an obligation to buy next season. And the reason for that is to help Newcastle's FFP (they feel they can't stay under the limit if they buy him now). But how the heck does that help Chelsea's FFP? I'd assume they wouldn't be able to put that on their books until next season either?

So...who the f*** knows what they are playing at?

Of course, there is plenty of evidence that Chelsea simply have no idea WTF they are doing (do they even have a shirt sponsor yet?).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now listening to Sky Sports News on YouTube, it seems they have actually loaned Hall to Newcastle with an obligation to buy next season. And the reason for that is to help Newcastle's FFP (they feel they can't stay under the limit if they buy him now). But how the heck does that help Chelsea's FFP? I'd assume they wouldn't be able to put that on their books until next season either?

Of course, there is plenty of evidence that Chelsea simply have no idea WTF they are doing (do they even have a shirt sponsor yet?).

Both funded by Saudi money……hmmm

Reactions: cjd

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

View is that Chelsea are OK for FFP this season, so transfer fee would hit next seasons FFP for both clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here